*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244022-Haunted
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1244022
a little comedy about a girl and her mother
I froze and as i stared into the apparational image of my mother's face, who had been dead for the past three years.
"Emma...Emma..." She wailed.
I closed my eyes, i thought she was angry with me, fear rose in my throat.
"Emma...you havn't been eating your vegetables Emma, I taught you better..."
I could've cried or laughed, I opened my eyes, she looked the same way she did at her funeral, her green eyes were loving and her face was set in a peacefull expression. She looked as if death had not even come to her, her red hair was tied back as it always was and she wore the black gown she had worn on the day we put her to rest. I moved my hand out slowly only to touch air and coldness instead of my mother's warm cheek. I pushed harder on her shoulder but my hand touched nothingness. I gasped at the same time she did.
"Emmma...your grades are bad and...I can't even touch you..." She sounded confused.
"Oh momma...I missed you..." I whispered.
"Emma, I've been right here...I've always been here...."
"No Momma...you died...your gone.."
She stared blankly at me. "I'm right here...I'm right here..."
She repeated it as if it would make it true, a tear trickled down my cheek. She reached out to wipe it away, my cheek tingled, I couldn't feel her fingers just bitter coldness.
She gasped, "oh Emma..."
She began to cry and wail.
"Momma..."
© Copyright 2007 Claudia de Sang (queen_de_sang at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1244022-Haunted