*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245537-
by Elpzy
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1245537
A Butterfly that is captured in her worst nightmare, read to hear her adventure!
         
A Butterfly’s Favourite Food
The house was beautiful. It was shining new and glittering in the sunlight. I could not help myself, and before I realized it, I was inside the kitchen. Everybody was always trying to convince me to try salad. I never did! I never knew this would be the end result. When I was in the honey-oak kitchen, a blue metal ball caught my attention. I came closer and closer. Suddenly, I was pushed, and trapped.

         The awful smell of tomato, and the terrible sight of lettuce. Nevertheless, I was happy! I could not bring myself to believe that I had been brought into this unimaginable situation. I was trapped in a revolting salad! Yet there was something worse, I was hungry. I was extremely hungry, and thirsty too! Other than my salad trap, there was on other sign of food or water. I kept thinking it over and over again, how could I have let myself be in this bad situation? Although, the salad was very colourful. It had reds and greens, even a swirly white-and-pink slice of radish. It was an amazing creation.

         I had smelt the delicious scent of the sweetest flowers. The only thing I ever did like about salads was the subtle scent of blooming flowers they always carried. After sitting in a folded lettuce leaf for sometime, I found myself wondering if I ever would be released from this unimaginable cruelty. I felt as though I was forced into this trap as a punishment.

         Day after day, I got much hungrier, and so very, very thirsty. My stomach felt emptier than it had ever been. My mouth felt like a dry dessert. No! I still was absolutely not eating the salad. There was no chance of me giving in to the temptation! Although, deep inside I knew there was very little opportunity to survive without eating or drinking. Without a hope of getting out of this salad any time soon, I had no choice. I was desperate; I was forced to eat the salad. I would not have to tell anyone if I ever did get out.

         It was revolting! The taste of the salad was so disguisting that it was just unbelievable. My brain said no, do not even dare to it, but my tastebuds were begging me to keep eating. I could not understand why I had not trusted myself to sample the dish earlier. The salad was extremely unique. I could not figure out why! When I finally did figure out why I enjoyed the salad, I was ecstatic! It was the greens of the wonderous food. Previously when I was in the garden, I overheard a group of creatures mentioning a green named baby spinach. It was delectable!

         How? The Baby Spinach solved my problem of being hungry, for the most part, and almost of being thirsty. Unfortunately, I am still trapped. When I started to think if there was anything that I could do to improve my chances of escaping using my resources, I noticed that a being comes into the kitchen once in a while. It was coming towards me, no, why did it do that? Anything but that!
         
         I escaped, with pain, but I escaped. What I later found out was a cat, a Russian-Blue cross to be precise, had tipped the bowl over with great speed. I did not mention that when I learnt about Baby Spinach in the garden, I also learnt that Russian Blue crosses love it! So I lured the cat, fell out of the blue metal bowl and flew far, far away!          
© Copyright 2007 Elpzy (cheeky_elpz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245537-