*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245588-A-Russian-on-Macadamia-Nuts
by Elpzy
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1245588
A squirrel moves from Russia to a life-changing sadventure in Australia!
A Russian on Macadamia
Nuts

Such a beautiful view should be shared with someone special, George Bushy-Tail thought as he was eating Russian dumplings at the Red Square. George is no ordinary squirrel, he is missing two things: adventure and someone special to spend magical moments with, like the current one.
Being so lonely it wasn’t the most pleasant thing to come home on a cold winter’s night. After work at the factory George spent an hour or so at the Red Square, after which he was usually forced to go home.

         After months of hardship, George got the best advice he had ever got. Now…Usually missing a bus isn’t a very good thing, but in this case, it was the best thing that happened to George in a very long time – he discovered internet dating! Once George found his computer, dusted it off and surprisingly got it running on his first try, something had to have happened…Everyone knows that good things don’t last. It took George nearly five tries to install the internet; finally he was ready to go. Then, the bad luck continued. You see, George wasn’t a very patient squirrel, which was absolutely normal for squirrels, the first match was a cow, the second was a mouse, but finally the perfect girl: a possum! However, another problem, she lived in Australia. Being as impatient and figidy as he was, on the fourth available flight to Australia was George Bushy-Tail, off to catch him a possum!

         George had seen English text here and there, but he never actually knew it. With his trusty ten-kopeck Russian-English Dictionary, that all changed. A little while after he began to read, all that was going through his head was: “Tree 123, tree 128, tree 124, tree 127, tea 126,” he thought in confusion, just before he was going to stop he found it, tree 125, pink and lilac just like Barbie Ring-Tail said it would be. “I’m in here sweetheart!” he heard as he slammed the door. “You must be Barbie…”. It was love at first sight, and before long two became one.

         Over the next two months, George busied himself with all his new found hobbies. He made many friends in his new neighbourhood. They taught him proper English, about Australian culture, flora and, of course, more about the fauna. George’s favourite pastime was gardening. He loved the time Barbie and he spent together in their beautiful garden. However, one day everything went awfully, awfully wrong…On this very rare occasion when George had the opportunity to do the gardening himself, he gratefully took it. Suddenly on that wonderful spring morning a gang appeared and started threatening George, but what George couldn’t understand was why. “I’m Double D, Daniel the Dingo, and they’re my gang, The Eaters.” Daniel started. Then even before George could understand what was happening one of ‘The Eaters’ said, “We know, that you know, someone very special by the name of Barbie, and if you don’t start giving us answers…”
“You know what!”, and then everything went pitch black.

         â€œAre you alright, what happened to you, let me bring you inside!?” The best thing that he could wake up to, his loving Barbie by his side, caring for and nurturing him. “Well…” George started saying. After he had finished explaining, he thought to himself, why did Dan and the Eaters mention Barbie and, as it happened, he was thinking out loud. “Before I say anything, I have something for you that I was saving for a very special occasion.” Barbie announced. “Mmm, I can already smell it from here!” George responded.   

         Maccake, rich with chocolate goodness and macadamia nuts, looks and sounds delicious…wow, it’s even better than I thought! “Super Squirrel!” George and Barbie suddenly heard on the radio. “Barbie…”
“Well, the problem is, I was sent to a boarding school when I was eight. At 12 I was the best and the principal spoke to me. She said to meet her son, Daniel, and in no time at all Double D was at the door. The other reason why I was asked to meet Double D was because I was bullied there. So Double D bullied all the bullies away and once there were no more bullies to bully me he started bullying me in so many ways. So I ran, away from the school, away from anything reminding me of what happened, and I kept running. Now, Double D wants me back!”

         When George woke up the next morning he had a sensational feeling. George had new powers from that ‘Maccake’. He also had his usual big appetite. After a glass of juice, two eggs and a piece of cheese, George went out, invited himself to Double D’s house and didn’t leave till Double D ran, and ran, and ran to the station and neither George nor Barbie ever saw him again. The Eaters they did hear of, but better, kinder and more helpful then ever!

         Directly opposite the Forrest that George and Barbie lived in, they opened a shop. ‘McNuts’, they were known all through out Australia – well mostly – for the Macadamia Nut dishes – Russian style. However, the ‘Maccake’ blew away all possible kinds of animals that came to ‘McNuts’. One day, on “McNuts 1 year anniversary, a family of a certain possum and a certain squirrel came to celebrate their first child; Barbie, George, and Marina. Every month George and Barbie told a variety of audiences their story of ‘A Russian on Macadamia Nuts!’
         
© Copyright 2007 Elpzy (cheeky_elpz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1245588-A-Russian-on-Macadamia-Nuts