*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246065-Best-Friends-for-Ever
by lauren
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1246065
two best friends who never knew that so much could happen in just a couple days alone
Laura and Tyler are sixteen years old and have grown up together their whole life. Their parents have known each other way before Laura and Tyler were ever thought up of and have been neighbors out in the good old Kansas country. One day Tyler and Laura's parents decide to go to a rodeo and a live stock event for the weekend and have Tyler stay at Laura's house for two nights. When both sets of parents had left for their trip they said goodbye to their kids and left Laura's house. Tyler and Laura watched as their parents left in two separate cars on their way to a small town in Kansas for the rodeo then to another town in Kansas to the live stock event. When they were out of sight they both sighed a big sigh and walked inside together. Tyler shut the door behind him and Laura led the way to the couch and lied down taking up all the space and smiled so Tyler had to go to another chair. Once Tyler was settled he grabbed the remote and started flipping through channels. Laura was getting frustrated and finally just said, "Pick a channel already."
"I'm gettin' to one, hold your horses cowgirl," and then Tyler stopped flipping through channels and said, "screw this lets go ride." Laura agreed and they walked to the barn to go tack up their horses and when they were finally finished they then mounted their horses and began to walk on their trail that they ride all the time together. They always had something to talk about, people they liked, people they didn't like, or maybe a couple things about each other, but just things friends would say to each other. But this trip was different; they seemed to be more talkative about each other instead of what was happening outside of themselves. "Say, just a funny thought to ponder on, you ever think we could pull it off?" Tyler asked hesitantly.
"Well, never really thought about it but we have known each other for quite some time now and I guise your a pretty cool guy." Tyler looks away and looks farther then the cornfields and hay bails and snapped out of his trance when Laura asked him the same question.
"Huh, oh, well, I don't know, I mean your right that we have known each other for as long as I can remember, I just had a crazy thought that's all, just forget I even brought it up, and you probably already think I'm crazy."
"Well there is no doubt in my mind that your crazy but that aint a crazy thing to think about that's for sure." Tyler smiled and looked off over the fields once more. "Hey, Tyler, you wanna race back home?" Tyler smiles real big.
"Don't be to upset when I'm waiting for you back home with my horse un-tacked and put away." Laura smiles.
"I wouldn't sound so confident if i were you." And with that remark lingering in Tyler's head Laura smacks her horse and off she goes with Tyler fallowing shortly. When they get back Laura says she has won but Tyler says she let her win and on top of that she got a head start. Laura laughs at the remark saying.
"Your just jealous a girl beat you with a mare and you and your stallion couldn't come close." Tyler smiles.
"What ever, I'll get you next time." Laura laughs again.
"I'd like to see you try."
When the horses are un-tacked and taken to their homes to eat they walk inside together and plop onto the couch with a big tired sigh. They decide to take a quick shower so they don't smell up the house and then they can relax better. When there shower is over they decide to watch a movie. It takes them awhile to pick a movie, but they find one and watch it but soon after it starts they are both knocked out, Laura on the couch and Tyler on the chair. Laura was then woken up by a big yell coming from the kitchen and soon after Tyler comes running in.
"Laura, get up, hurry, Godiva, the new dam that is boarded here is foaling! come on!" Laura, as fast as she can, jumps off the sofa, throws on her boots, even though work boot and PJ's don't really go, and follows Tyler as fast as she can to the stables. She meets up with Tyler with the dam and as soon as she gets there the foal is halfway born. After a long and exciting time the baby is finally born. Laura then goes inside the stable with Tyler to see the new born baby filly and decides to call her Lucy. But Tyler says name her Laura, but Laura didn't want something so beautiful ruined by such a name like that. Tyler of course disagreed and debated with her about her name but lost the debate and decided to call her Lucy although he liked the name Laura better.
Once they had changed into some wranglers, a t-shirt, and some work boots and threw on a cowboy hat they both stayed with the foal and around the stables to make sure the baby was ok then when the sun started to set they went inside for some supper. They didn't know what to cook because they always had there parents cook, not that they didn't know how to they just didn't know what to cook. So they cooked some macaroni and cheese and enjoyed every bite of it. When they were through eating they cleaned up and went to go watch some TV but this time they had sat together on the couch but on separate ends. They couldn't find a good channel so they picked out a DVD, but it turned out to be a scary movie so when Laura had sat down on the couch and Tyler had the movie going he walked over to the couch and said jokingly.
"I'll sit next to you and keep you safe so you don't get scared." Laura laughed at the statement and cuddled up to his side with a big smile but not a very serious cuddle. During the movie it started to get more serious and of course Tyler wasn't scared but Laura sure was and she got closer as the suspense grew. She didn't realize how close she had really gotten until the movie was over and her face was buried into his chest. She picks out from her hands and makes sure it's really over and with a big smile on Tyler's face he puts his arms around her and holds her tight. Laura is kind of shocked at this act only because they had been friends for so long and she would have never thought something like this would happen.
She lets him hug her as she says, "Do you want to go look at the stars and just get some fresh air, I kind of need some fresh air after watching that movie."
Tyler says with a big smile, "Of course, I would love to, come on." They walk outside, side by side, till they got to a pile of hay in the middle of the field that their parents had there and they both laid down. Laura had actually laid down first so then Tyler found an opportunity to lie down closer. Laura looked up into the stars and at the huge bright brilliant moon,
"Isn't it just beautiful outside tonight, it's so clear, you can see every star." Tyler smiles.
"Yeah it really is, but nothing can compare to such beauty like yourself."
Laura blushed and smiled, "Why thank you Tyler." At this comment Laura had gotten a little cold and moved closer to Tyler. She got as close as she could and lay slightly on her side and rested her hand on his chest and her head rested on his shoulder. Tyler put his arm around her and ran his fingers through her hair. They lay there together without a single word but anyone with a brain could tell they loved every moment. Tyler then kissed her very softly on her forehead and as he did so Laura looked up at him with a small smile. They looked into each others big beautiful young eyes for what seemed like an eternity and finally Tyler leaned in slowly to make sure he didn't seem to be making his move to fast to be sure Laura wouldn't pull away. She seemed to not even notice anything weird was about to happen, even though she had been totally aware her best friend was about to kiss her. Laura then started to lean in herself and looked in his eyes then to his lips and as soon as there lips touched they closed there eyes. First they started out with a closed lip kiss and then started to, well, you know, make out.
After what seemed longer then what they thought Laura pulled away and said, "Wow, I don't know if this is right, I mean I have known you for my whole life and this just feels weird." This statement made Tyler's face seem serious.
"Well I'm sorry you feel this way but I love you and if that means I have to wait all my life for you I will, you're worth waiting." Laura smiles.
"But what about what other people are going to say, what about our parents, friends, family........"
Tyler interrupts, "If I cared what everyone else thought would I be here with you making out under the stars having the best time of my life."
This made Laura laugh, "Well, I don't know." Tyler smiles.
"I always want to be with you and I love you very much and I want to be with you for as long as I can." Laura smiles and cuddles as close as she can against Tyler.
"I love you too." This makes Tyler's heart beat faster knowing what she has just said but then notices how late it is getting and they really have to be getting back inside because there parents should be back the next day and they should be getting to bed.
Usually when Tyler stays the night or when Laura stays the night at Tyler's they would sleep in the guest bed room, but this time was different. They both got ready for bed and both got into Laura's bed and turned off the lights. Laura of course started to cuddle with Tyler and Tyler's first instinct was to put his arm around her. They fell asleep into each others arms and woke up early the next morning with the sound of a door being slammed.
They heard there names being called and they jumped out of bed as fast as they could and through on some clothes like they had been awake the whole time and walked casually down stairs saying, "How was your trip!" Both of there parents smiled and looked at there kids like they were hiding something.
"Our trip was great, what have you two been up to?" Tyler and Laura looked at each other and laughed.
"We've been pretty busy, just around."

© Copyright 2007 lauren (speedychik2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1246065-Best-Friends-for-Ever