*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247700-A-Giant-of-A-Man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Cinder
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #1247700
He was everything to those who loved him.

Mario was not a tall man but when he was around you felt a strong presence. His manner was strong, confident and controlled. He had an outgoing personality and made friends everywhere that he went. At 39 years of age, he was much wiser than his years. Having come from a broken home and being left to care for himself at an early age, he had gained a strength and maturity seldom found in someone his age. He was very independent and he believed he could make a difference in the world. If he wanted to make something happen, then it usually did. And if ever there was a problem, he was there to fix it. I think he thought that was why he was in the world, to help fix peoples problems. He had an answer for everything. I sometimes called him Superman.
His curly brown hair and soft, caring eyes did not reveal the true Italian inside. As loving and kind as he could be, there was also a dark side. At times you would get a glimpse of the darkness within and it would make cold chills run up your spine. His emotions ran so deep that not many knew the true man behind those eyes. Even his family didn’t know the extent of his emotions, nor did they understand what a strong, creative, loving, caring person he was.
He was a smart man having started his own business and developing a fishing lure used by bass pro fisherman everywhere. He himself was an avid fisherman, winning several tournaments. Later in his life, he opened a sports memorabilia store, combining his love for playing baseball, coaching baseball and collecting sports memorabilia with making a living. He made and sold one of a kind cases to hold the memorabilia that he collected and sold.
His greatest love was working with children and me. His patience with children was amazing and the children loved him. If a child had a special need or a learning problem, he always took the time to help them and make them feel special. The love that he gave to me was one of a kind. He called me his princess and he always treated me as if I was the most special person on the earth. I can honestly say that I have never been so loved in all my life. I remember when I first met him, I was working in a small gas station, as he walked out the door, he stopped and turned to me. I will never forget the words he said. “May angels touch your heart and feel your soul with love and happiness.” Although he has gone on to a greater home now, the love he gave will live on forever.
Maybe not tall in physical appearance, he was a giant of a man to all who knew him.
© Copyright 2007 Cinder (cinder951 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247700-A-Giant-of-A-Man