*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1194448-Missed-Opportunities
by Cinder
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1194448
Thoughts on living and how we can miss out on the important things in life.
I believe that God still uses parables today as Jesus did in the bible. Simple things can have much meaning, but we have to be open and paying attention. During one of my prayer walks today, I passed one of those tracks laying on the ground, the kind that they hand out to tell you about Jesus and how to be saved, etc. This one had the scripture, The Lord is my Shepard on the front of it. After walking by, I thought that I should have picked it up but I had been pre-occupied and walking so fast that I just walked on by. As I walked on, I saw a nail laying in the road and again after having passed it, I thought I should have picked it up to avoid someone getting it in their tire and having a flat. Down the road a little more, I saw some rusty nails on the shoulder of the road. This time, I did kick them off to the side of the road into the dirt. Then I thought, was that enough?, just to move them over, wouldn't it have been better if I had picked them up and disposed of them in an appropriate place where they would not be stepped on and maybe hurt someone.
Although these seem like minor and maybe even silly thoughts, the one thing that kept coming to mind was "missed opportunities".
I was going to fast and not paying much attention when I passed over the track and the first nail and then I just moved the rusty nails over when I could have picked them up.
When I came back by the track, this time I did pick it up and as I looked at the track, I noticed the ring on my hand. I was reminded of another missed opportunity. I missed the chance to show someone that I loved just how much they meant to me and how very much that I did love him. He is gone now and although I know he knows, it would have been nice to have shown him more while he was here.
My prayer now is that God will open my eyes so that I may see all the wonderful opportunities he gives me each day and teach me to act upon them. There is not always a second chance
© Copyright 2006 Cinder (cinder951 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1194448-Missed-Opportunities