*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248907-Put-stop-to-fights-outbursts-at-games
Rated: E · Essay · Sports · #1248907
This essay discusses the issue of brawling at scholastic sporting events.
It seems that fighting at high school sporting events is becoming more common.

Recently, a brawl broke out at a high school basketball game in Madison Square Garden, resulting in gunfire and the arrest of 21 parents and students.

Sometimes, it is the referees of these sporting events that are attacked for the calls they make. This madness needs to stop because there is no point to it. Nobody comes out as a victor from these brawls.

Too many people are just way too competitive over certain things. The parents and students at these events are both to blame. Their attitudes are the sources to these melees and scuffles.

I have talked to many of my classmates and friends about this issue, and most of them agree that this is a problem that needs to stop, and it is very pointless.

Some people think that this is just good wholesome fun, and it is not a very big deal. I think this is an extremely big deal and it should not be tolerated.

I am in a recreational basketball league in Liverpool and have seen too many arguments between parents and parents, and between athletes and athletes. Some of my friends and family said they've seen parents actually physically harming athletes. This problem is out of hand if any adult is causing harm to a child.

I have also seen many verbal attacks from parents and students against referees only over a so-called bad call. The words I hear from some of these people's mouths are ridiculous and un- called-for.

School districts should start a zero-tolerance policy for any brawling or fighting between parents and student-athletes during a scholastic event.

I can only hope that these problems will stop, and the word "fun" will be put back into these sporting events.
© Copyright 2007 Joe Smith (utdrooney822 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1248907-Put-stop-to-fights-outbursts-at-games