*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249278-Secret-of-the-Myst-Chapter-8
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1249278
Superboy Jamie Story
The Secret of the Myst – Part 8


He started to concentrate, his eyes turned black as night. Then the suit reacted. In a matter of seconds Robby was standing in exact duplicates of the clothes he’d been wearing when arrived at the fortress.

“WICKED!” Wes cheered.

“Bro, that is way cool. How did you come up with that Wes?” asked Jamie

“Well, when I was going through dad's computer documentation, I found a hieroglyph I had seen before but hadn’t taken the time to follow up on. I looked a little deeper into it. It was about phase/shift, shape-shifting bio-materials used by the Kryptonian military, law enforcement formations as well as fire and search and rescue units and such. They would just issue a single uniform with their kit. And get this. The uniform is self-mending. If it gets ripped, it ‘heals itself.’ And, if the wearer is injured, it can form a battle dressing and, if needed, it can even form a tourniquet!”

“Cool! So why only Robby's suit?” he asked his older brother.

“Yeah; why just mine and not all of ours?” Robby added to Jamie's question.

“The computer detected that Robby did not have super speed. So it compensated for that when it selected the material for his uniform” Wes explained.

“That makes sense” Jamie agreed.

Wes added, “But I can override the system and force it to produce suits with whatever feature set I want, like, say, for instance, the self-donning and transformation features. Not much is needed for the first-aid features for Jamie, Greggy or me. I’m still working on the design though, and once I have it perfected, I’m gonna offer it up as a gift to the world. I’m still trying to perfect the algorithm for resetting broken bones and dislocated limbs. And if I could isolate the active ingredients in our blood for healing, I’d try to find a way for the suits to infuse that into the wearer if they ever got hurt. But I still have a lot of work to do in order to make that happen.”

“Well guys we’re finished here, so let's all go home” said Wes

Robby's eyes changed to coal black once again. His street clothes were suddenly replaced by his Myst Uniform. He stood there for a few moments, hands on hips, chest out in a classic superhero pose.

“This is so cool! Thanks, Wes!” said Robby appreciatively.

You’re welcome, bro, I’m glad you like it! But now we’d better shag” he replied.

With that Robby draped his arm over Jamie's shoulder and grasped Wes' hand. “We're OUTTA here!” Robby cheered as his eyes turned black once more and the trio vanished into a mist.

Moments later the three found themselves in Jamie and Madison's room. Madison spun around from his desk where he had been doing his homework. He glanced at the three and his eyes lit up when he realized that there was a third costumed hero in the room.

“Robby??? Robby???? Is that you?” Maddie asked in wide eyed amazement.

“Yeah lil’ man, it's me!” grinned Robby

Jamie stepped over to his closet and opened the accordion doors. In a flash he was out of his Superboy uniform and standing there in a pair of shorts and a tank top. Wes had disappeared to do the same thing, to return in a pair of sweats and T-shirt.

Robby looked at Madison and winked. “Watch this!” he said. His eyes changed from green to jet black. In an instant, Myst was gone, replaced by Robby McCloud. He wore shorts and an Atlanta Braves baseball Jersey, with his favorite player, Chipper Jones' number and name on it.

“WOW!!!” cheered Maddie with delight. “You are a real hero now, costume 'n all. You looked awesome man!” he continued.

“Thanks bro” replied Robby.

Jamie asked Robby if he wanted to stay for dinner. Jamie left the room and found Lois to ask her permission. She readily agreed. Robby phoned his mom and got her OK.

All evening our three young heroes and their lovable “normal” lil bro laughed and cut up. They enjoyed dinner and some video games. The three Kent boys along and Greg were inseparable from Robby. Robby loved his new bros.

© Copyright 2007 SuperboyShinzon (shinzon911 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249278-Secret-of-the-Myst-Chapter-8