*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250445-The-Other-Woman
by MLJ
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1250445
A woman finds out that the only man she loves has found the only woman he loves
    She sat there, at the kitchen table that evening, not knowing what to do. The letter she had read over and over again for hours lay in front of her. What would she do when he came home? Should she confront him? She wasn't sure. If she confronted him then both of their lives would change and there would be no turning back. If she didn't, their lives would be exactly the same. Except they would both be living a lie.
    She decided she had to confront him. She didn't want to have to pretend everday. She didn't want to wonder for the rest of her life who this woman was that obviously had feelings for Ryan. Did he feel the same way about her? Was he as in love with this woman as she seemed to be with him?
      She glanced at the clock. Six fifteen. He would be home from work soon. Was was she going to say? A few moments later she heard the front door open and close.
      "I'm home." he called from the living room. She stood up.
      "I'm in here." she answered back.
      Then they were standing face to face. When he saw the letter in her hand, his eyes dropped to the floor.
    "Where did you get that?" he asked not looking up.
    "I found it while I was doing laundry. Crumpled up in the pocket of your pants."
    "I was going to tell you, I just wanted to find the right time."
      "So you decided to lie to me instead?" she asked angrily.
      "I didn't want to hurt you." he insisted finally looking up at her.
    "Who is she?"
    "I met her at work, her name is Allison. We've been seeing each other for the past six months."
      "Six months? I'm just finding out about this now?"
      He took a step toward her.
      She took a step back.
      There was a moment of silence. She turned away. She didn't want to look at him anymore, she felt like she hardly knew him at all.
      Finally, he spoke.
      "I've known for a long time that Im the only person you have. I'm the one your world is built around. I knew this wouldn't be easy for you to hear. There is another woman in my life and I think I'm in love with her."
    "Your were the last man I thought would do this to me."
      "I know it hurts, but it's time I started to live my own life. And I'm going to move out."
    She felt a wave of panic go through her. He was leaving her. All these years she had never even considered the fact that one day, she would be alone. It was true. He was the only person she had. Without him, her life would be empty. She would have nothing.
      "I'm going upstairs to pack my things Mom."
        He left the kitchen and she began to cry.
© Copyright 2007 MLJ (dreams1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250445-The-Other-Woman