*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1251389-End-of-the-world
Rated: E · Article · Philosophy · #1251389
People say the world is ending, here are 'my' thoughts on the subject.
Conceptions upon a vast thing, the idea of all existence end in one final movement, the end of the world is coming some might say, personally I don't agree.

General perception from mankind brings about a consideration that we are something important upon this world, upon this universe, so we consider all life to come around us and be relevant towards us, all the "major religions" of the world seem to bring us into focus as something important, science classifies us as above average and more "important" because we are supposedly capable of comprehending and growing quicker than anything else. Does this make us better ? Could we not also state that these evolvements, this growth has also brought us pain and suffering ?

This is against the point, as the question came down to the end of the world, we all argue about the end of the world, some will say that god is coming to smite us once more and save the good in a Noah's arc manner. Others will tell you that the sun is going to grow into a red giant taking up the expanse of space where our world would be, most will tell you they have never even thought about it.
Now moving back a little, bringing this consideration of us being something important in this life, then surely the world will simply not end on us, surely there will be a chance for us to be something great for existence, then perhaps not, maybe out lives are that chance, that god is judging us right now to decide whether we are worthy of him, if the sun was to grow into a red giant, for one we would be dead before it even reached that state as the change in gravitational force would either draw us into it's very core or send us out to space to freeze, depending on which theory you would consider to be more accurate, again all are theories.

Now these thoughts are going around the idea that we are significant, I say we are not, not anymore than anything else in the world, not anymore than anything else in this universe. There now, have you ever considered that, I often think that the major religions and in general human thought is based on to small a picture, we consider the world and us but we do not consider the thousands of other worlds out there, we do not consider the unlimited mass of space that exists that we do not even know about… The idea of god judging us, us alone, yet creating all this space, planets, solar systems around us and more that we don't even know about, how can that be, where is the logic in that, does that make sense to anyone ?

Again I move away from my point, basically it comes down to your perception of reason, why would the end of the world come ? Is there any reason other than our own arrogance to suggest that we have come and now there must be an end, we created this concept of the end of the world because we believe that there must be an end, now I ask, why should there be a beginning and an end ?

Who ever said that there must be a beginning and an end, why do we constantly search out for something that might not even exist, god created everything, the big bang theory, the end of the world, these are all ideas that seem to sustain us in our ideas. These thoughts derive from the fact that we feel insecure without reason, that we feel there must be an end, that we have to be going somewhere and because there must be an end there had to be a beginning as well. Why couldn't it all have just always been, why can't it always be, the only thing stopping you from considering that is your own small mind, the lack of thought that suggests there has to be more than what we see, of course there is more, we discover something new in life every day, does that mean there is an ultimate thing, why can't there just be growth and new learning ? Why can't we be alive simply to live and grow ? When you can answer me that then I will consider the possibility of the world ending.
© Copyright 2007 Equinox (lunar_atriume at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1251389-End-of-the-world