*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255600-The-Blizzard
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by imgrmn
Rated: · Fiction · Family · #1255600
A family's vacation to the mountains goes wrong when a blizzard comes
"Do I really have to go," asked Jane trying to get her parents to let her stay home.
"Yes, said her dad, Steve"
"Why, I am 16. Which means I'm old enough to stay home for 3 days."
"It does," asked her mom, Mary.
"Yes. You trust me right."
"Of course we trust you, but this is a family vacation which means family is going."
"That is not fair," Jane said going to her room and slamming the door." As Rachel was in her room the rest of the family packed up the car.
"Rachel bring ur duffel bag out here please," said Steve.
"Okay hang on a sec." Rachel brought out the duffel bag filled with clothes and other stuff. Steve put the bag in the car and got the rest of the bags off the ground. Joey walked out of the house with his ear phones with his mp3 player blasting in his ear.
"Joey, Joey. Hey, Joey," yelled Steve to get Joey's attention.
"Yea dad."
"Could you turn down your headphones some so when I call you you can hear me."
"Okay."
"Also can you go get your sister Jane and don't tell her we are gonna leave her behind if she doesn't hurry up because that is what she wants to hear."
"Okay," said Joey walking into the house. Rachel and Mary had already gotten in the car and were putting on there seat belts. Steve got into the car and a couple minutes later Joey came outside and got into the car. Than a minute later Jane walked outside, locked the door, and got into the car.
"Can we listen to the radio," asked Rachel.
"Yea," said Mary turning the radio on.
"Thanks mom," said Rachel. Jane stared out the window not looking at her parents or her siblings. "Hey Jane don't you like this song," asked Rachel.
"Yea I guess." A few minutes later silence was in the car till a cell phone rang. Steve, Mary, and Jane all checked their phones.
"Hello," said Mary, "yes, ok, thanks." Mary hung up and said, "That was the cabin people. They said the cabin was all ready."
"Great," said Steve taking a sip of his water bottle. After two hours of driving they finally got to the cabin. Everybody got out and took something inside. Jane immediately went to a room and shut the door.
"Hope she isn't like this through the whole vacation," said Mary.
"She won't be," said Steve. After everybody had everything put away. Steve had Joey put Jane's stuff by her door.
© Copyright 2007 imgrmn (imgrmn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1255600-The-Blizzard