*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258222-What-It-Was-Was-What-It-Meant
Rated: E · Poetry · Relationship · #1258222
At 1st glance, seems simple enough for anyone to write but it's extremely eloborate
A girl; a friend—
A companion; a woman.
A pain; a sigh—
An emotion; a cry.
A hidden beauty; a smile—
A person; a particular profile.
An invitation; a sensation;
An image both inside and outside the imagination.
An inclination; a violation;
A celebration; a trial.
A distant destination; a mile.
An intimate touch; a style all of her own eye.
A voice down the hall; a telephoned reply.
A warm mid summer night, us all alone;
A part of my life—what once was but now has gone.


Note: The entitled “What It Was, Was What It Meant” was written using a bound verse form I call a “Word Sequence Scheme” in the following pattern – AA B AA BBB AA B AAA (WSS) – with the first word of each line repeated and represented by the letters A and B. This particular poem, as the sequence pattern demonstrates, has been perfectly balanced and structurally symmetrical. The pattern is as follows: aabb cc aaa cc bb aa (RS) – which shows a combination of 2 Quatrains, 1 Triplet, and 2 Couplets which also show a symmetrical pattern themselves. Also, arranged and showing a symmetrical form is the # of statements per line. This pattern is arranged as follows: 2222222 1 2222222. All lines make 2 statements except for the line in the very center of the poem, which makes 1, distinguishing itself from the rest of the poem. All this combines to make for a single poem simultaneously following three original bound verse (triple bound) forms all of which imitate a symmetrical pattern!!! This is a very elaborate and unique form. I wish this poetry to be considered by you and I hope that you will appreciate it for it’s complete originality.
© Copyright 2007 bcam360 (bcam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1258222-What-It-Was-Was-What-It-Meant