*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259241-Some-Time-With-Kasha
by MG
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1259241
Looking back
This brilliant sunset fills me with such warmth and hope. I raise my glass
to subsistence on this beach in Venezuela, watching another day pass
like a balloon blown along the surf. Suddenly I find myself unsure,
and staring into this glass of ambrosia, I let it pull me back to her.

I wonder how the years have kept her....if time's turned her dark hair gray?
Ah Christ. Such melancholy. I can tell that it must be another Tuesday.
Because I always look her way on Tuesday, although she's not there.
Her spirit, she said, belonged to her alone. It was never mine to share.

But I remember how sweet her taste when that first hesitant kiss we stole.
The distant echoes of love roll like thunder across the lake of my soul.
Her heartbeat, so gentle against my breast, in the early morning hour.
Soft as the touch of a butterflies wings, against a summer field flower.

Like Forget-me-nots. Weren't they blue? I've not been home in a while.
What do I miss most? The sweet scent of lilac....and my Kasha's smile.
And now hope is spent wondering where our time has gone. I raise my glass.
Perhaps one day we'll share another sunrise....after tomorrow has passed.
© Copyright 2007 MG (mgmachum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259241-Some-Time-With-Kasha