*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261924-8th-GradeChapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Other · Young Adult · #1261924
"Oh...sorry! I just wanted to ask you something."
My bus was finally called, number 140. Of course, with my dumb blondeness, I tripped over my bookbag just as I was getting up. So Stupid! Oh yeah, and Charlie is in my homeroom! He just laughed.

I finally got on the bus without any bumps or bruises. As I searched for an open seat, my friend Edward waved me over to sit next to him. Of course, finding nowhere else to sit I plopped down next to him.

"How was Charlie?" Edward asked in a annoying tone. I slapped him. "Ow."

"Fine. In fact, he gave me his phone number." I stated with confidence.

"Oh really, when's the date?"

"Um....Well...He just asked if I wanted to be his partner for the Science project."

"Well, it's a start." Edward said, while rolling his eyes.

"Shut up!" I said with another slap across the back of his head. It was finally time for me to get off the bus.

"See ya!" I said to Edward as I walked out to my house.

"Bye."

As soon as I got the front door unlocked, I ran to get the phone and dialed his phone number.

"Hello?" The woman on the other line greeted. It must have been Charlie's mother.

"Hi, this is Katherine. Is Charlie home?" I asked hoping the answer would be a yes.

"Yes, hold on a second sweetie, and I'll go get him for you."

"Thank you." Oh My God. OMG! I'm going to be on the phone with Charlie!

"Yo, Ghost." Charlie said casually.

"Hi." I greeted. There was a long awkward silence. No one talked, hummed, or did any thing really, untill on my phone, at the worst time ever, I had a call waiting. It was Edward.

"Uggh.. Hold on a second ok?" I asked aggrivated.

"Oh, ok." Charlie responded. I switched to the other line.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi. Um... whats up?' He asked withan odd tone in his voice.

"Oh, nothing. You just called at the worst time possible. I'm on the other line with Charlie." I said annoyed.

"Oh... sorry! I just wanted to ask you something."

"Go ahead."

"Um...Well...Will you...Uh."

"Spit it out already. Charlie's on the other line."

"Will you go out with me?"Edward asked at the speed of light.
© Copyright 2007 Katerat3000 (katerat3000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261924-8th-GradeChapter-2