*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262772-The-Bandit
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1262772
This is Chapter 2.
    Arriving at the East Gate Lara was pondering over what her father would think about his gift.  Would he like it or should she of saved the money for taxes.  Once again Lara had to state her business in order to go through.  Once she was through the gate she turned her mind back to the gift.  Lara had been thinking about the gift for quite some time now.  She had set her mind to the fact that she made the right decision and wouldn't think of it any more.
    So she walked and started to think about think about something other than the gift.  So she listened the musical melody of the birds chirping the branches of the trees high above her.  Although the chirping was loud it did not stop her from hearing leaves crack from the weight distributed on them.  Lara turned her body so she was facing the thing that made the noise.  Her hand at her hip were she wore a short dagger that she had been practicing in her free time to use just in case. 
      The birds sat in their perches chirping as if nothing happened.  While below a Lara stood stock still, waiting.  After many minutes of waiting the rustling didn't occur again.  So with that she continued her walk thinking that it must of been some creature, but being cautious and listing for any more noises that might hint her of her of the thing that lurked in the bushes of the dense forest.  The two suns, one in the west and one in the east were just beginning to lower themselves in the sky. 
      Lara was getting tired so she walked at a much slower pace making her an easy victim of the horrid creatures of the night that lurked everywhere waiting for they're next meal.  She knew the dangers and knew that her father would be worried sick, but she wasn't worried for she had been in far far worse.  There was many creatures to fear, but Lara was only worried about one.  And what reason would it to be out hear and not in the middle of the woods.
                                                The Bandit
      The Bandit had been following this young girl around ever since she had left that accursed town.  Although he doubted her having any money what so ever he wanted    what she had bought with it which was more than likely food.  Something he could never get enough of.  He nearly had been caught once when the bush he was hiding in had a nest of snakes.  Aagh! The thought f snakes just makes his mind twist.  How can anyone stand those things.  Anyways he was lucky the mother wasn't around.  He had to sit there thinking every moment that the mother snake, most likely poisonous, would be back.  After all that he just wasn't sure if food was worth it.  Especially since it was night, but he hadn't eaten in two days and he couldn't stand it.  She was also the only person on the road.  Hey wait a minute she was just a farmer's child she would be easy to get, but what about her dagger, he would just have to sneak up behind her. 
        The bandit slowly snuck up to Lara.  He was able to make not a sound for he had done this several times before.
                                                      Lara
        It had been half an hour since Lara had heard that noise.  In the distance sat a  Lara's house.  With nothing else to do all she had been doing was staring at her house in the far of distance.  Her father had probably fallen to sleep  know in his old
chair.  By know it was pitch dark and the only light was from the full moon high above her head.  It lit her path all the way home.  She had been starting to doze off, but she walked even faster to keep her self fro getting to tired, because right know is the most dangerous time of the day.  It then when Lara had felt an icy cold breath on the back of her neck that made her hair stand up on end as if a spooked cat.  She started to turn, but had to stop when an icy cold blade was pressed to her neck.  A hand was immediately pressed to her mouth.  "Like they had to do that,"thought Lara who knew just how to handle these people and she wasn't scared at all.  It was just another snack!
© Copyright 2007 edfel01 (edfel01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1262772-The-Bandit