*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263915-The-Honeymoon
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1263915
a medicine to save the world is found by a married couple.
“The Honeymoon”


My name is Tommy Lexington, and if I might have a little bit of you’re time and attention in telling you an amazing story, then that would add on to the ongoing bliss in my world.

First off I want to mention something about what you are seeing with the present state of affairs on this planet. If you have stopped to think and wonder what kind of world has befallen mine and the earth, by me lying on a super sized inflatable beach boat halfway out in the ocean, petting and nurturing man-eating sharks; then this marvelous story and its details belong to you!

Zerlock Abigail, professional fortune telling expert and longtime best friend of my wife Pam and I, was the one responsible for a world where I can pet a great white shark, where Pam can go sky diving over Hawaii without the need of a chute, which she is doing as I speak, and where Zerlock can go deep sea diving without snorkels! If you have the slightest bit of trouble trying to visualize what I am saying, and how this kind of alternate world could exist, then let me make myself more comfortable on this beach boat, and first start you off fresh with what had been transpiring in the Middle East and the world before this alternate world you might be thinking came to be.

It has been approximately three years and three months since humanity’s medicine came in and created a world like the one you are experiencing now. About a week before Pam, Zerlock, and myself found the cure to world evil and oppression of the nations, the world was engulfed in an enormous terrorism countering undertaking. Lives were lost in the efforts. Terrorists were more violent than ever, sneaking through security ports, and attacking nations where they were vulnerable. The war in Iraq raged on and on in tragedy and despair, without the smallest glimmer of a breakthrough. Iran threatened an all out assault on targets in the West and the Far East. Madmen reared their ugly faces, in the absence of Saddam Hussein. There were more kidnappings and beheadings. Key political figures were faced with impeachment proceedings, while some quit their jobs all together before that punishment could be delivered.

The world was in chaos. Rumors of nuclear war prevailed in the halls of the United Nations. In the heavens, asteroids and earth shattering comets were creeping up on the earth in frightening numbers. The world was desperate and full of iniquity and getting worst. In the spiritual realm of chaos and wickedness, children were harassed by legions of demons and other violent personalities. These disturbances were mainly limited to regions in Africa and other small, impoverished nations. The devil was winning the race. Sin took control of every instrument of human affairs.

In the belief held by the devout Christian religion, souls continued to be sentenced to an eternal hell with no escape. It was the greatest counteroffensive against the forces of good that evil could create in its magic. The world was greatly abused and knocked down by turmoil and horror. Poison continued to seep into the minds of students, thus unleashing large numbers of school shootings, and pipe bomb attacks. It was a world condition that saw no hope, and cried out for some sort of cure and redemption. Now, allow me to entertain myself with the company of pride and self appraisal for just a moment; not so much at what I had done. What had I done to contribute to this sudden utopia to blanket the third rock from the sun after all? It wasn’t the pride of something I had achieved, it was the pride of being good friends with the one special divine angel in female form, named Zerlock Abigail that was undoubtedly going to have a portrait of her face hanging on the dazzling walls of every mansion in Beulah land (heaven) for eternity. Here is the scene of a literal perfect world….

For those waiting for the defeat of the devil one day in the unknown future, they will not have to wait any longer. He is gone! The day came when he was suddenly murdered and wiped off the fabric of mankind’s memory for good. He couldn’t handle such sweetness that got rid of his presence. You will see soon what I am telling you about sweetness, and just what this sweetness I am describing here is. I will backtrack to that time and hour when salvation came, in a bit.

The day that the prince of iniquities was defeated was a day I will never forget. The President addressed the nation one night with words of assurance that all world evil was gone forever. He posted a live linkup to the world community of the devil suddenly disappearing in flames and the rain of fire stretching back up to the heavens and vanishing in its presence. Along with this defeat came the immediate chain of events signaling a world peace and harmony. It started with a complete change in the makeup and clothing of the earth. She didn’t wobble anymore in space. She picked herself back up from the malevolent world tremor that took place in the Indian Ocean on December 26, 2004 and got back on her feet. She stretched in a fit of expansion and became three times her size! The waters were crystal, majestic beauties ten times the life of the oceans off the coast of Hawaii. The weakened landmasses from the earthquakes and other raging natural catastrophes over the billions of years she existed pieced back together and strengthened in awe inspiring Hercules fashion. Watch out for her, she isn’t the same abused and scorned beauty anymore! She is a victim of a total life transformation.

You know that little problem that the scientists call “global warming?” Well you can knock that out of you’re thoughts and speculations for good now. The ozone began a huge back building phase to where it increased in size and protection capability. The hole that had been in the ongoing growing phase, patched itself back up to the point of disappointing the sun’s potency in striking the earth with its rays. The dust and the carbon minerals that had been locked in the atmosphere with no escape were cleared. A clean and delicious aroma overshadowed the atmosphere all around the world. The C02 greenhouse gas emission reports suggested a period of comfort and not danger. There wasn’t going to be another ice age, all thanks to that angel we call Zerlock. The retreating of the huge shelves of ice on the desolate land of Antarctica found themselves back to their original home and pieced back together as if they hadn’t separated to begin with.

The sea levels that were dangerously rising leveled off and then began a campaign of dropping and thinning out. Malaria didn’t exist anymore. Animals that had died due to the global warming and disease problem suddenly came back to life again. The sweet cure wasn’t about to let an innocent species die out by the hands of man. This leads me to the next scene of astounding events to result from this miracle.

The cemeteries of the world were left in emptiness and ruin. Bodies jumped from their prisons and reunited with their souls to return to a world grieving their losses! All pet cemeteries released the beasts to their owners. The grim reper suffered the same sudden assault of fire from heaven like his counterpart, Lucifer, and was gone. Immortality reigned. The fear of death that had plagued mankind for as long as their was a world was gone. Children could play in a nest of vipers and cobras and return home without one scratch or wound. Let me just say that death had lost its sting. Even the many victims of the attacks on the World Trade Center suddenly found their bodies and were ushered back into the presence of their loved ones.

The madness of the wars being fought all over the world subsided and then died out all together. The dictators and the many other world leaders signed peace treaties and resolved disputes over their lands and their economy. Israel was a place now to be feared and lavished with respect and devotion by her enemies. The land of Palestine bowed down and kissed its grounds, and miraculously recognized it as the land of God, and the apple of His eye. Radical Muslims embraced the American way of life, and begged for its freedom. Osama Bin Laden took the stand at the United Nations building and publicly apologized for all acts of terrorism. He fell in love with an American female and they were later wed. They would eventually conceive a child.

North Korean dictator Kim Jung Ill began to supply riches of food to his starving nation, and took his people into his wing. He dismantled all weapons programs and called for a truce with the west and the nation of South Korea. Iran performed the same activities and publicly announced that he was sorry for remarks made about the holocaust, and was awakened to its reality and horrors. He cut off his uranium enrichment and officially declared his country a nuclear weapons free land. Hugo Chavez shook hands with the President and both became good friends.

The heavens began to take on a completely different disposition. Every comet and asteroid that was lurking in the deep vacuums of space was blown to smithereens. A particular threatening space rock that had been alarming to world scientists before the world cure, changed trajectories and was hurtled into the sun, but with no eruption of solar flares. Black holes were gone. Everything in its entirety was transformed and redone. Utopia and security had met the earth.


2

I remember what it was like when the idea first came into being to go to the moon. This if you know now, is the mission that would be the event to find the cure of all cures. It was a calm, slightly muggy evening on July 16, 2004; when Pam and I sat in our leisure lawn chairs in the backyard and gazed at the night sky that consisted of billions of stars and a lively full moon. The door to the kitchen was opened enough to let in the crisp tranquil air. For half an hour we sat discussing various places we could take our overdue honeymoon. We didn’t have the resources to take such an action proceeding the wedding, so we thought long and hard as to the perfect spot to satisfy us. I was a failure in reasonable ideas, and Pam was the one to rely on me to make all the decisions in the marriage. So for the better part of the time spent, we sat in quiet just watching the sky like a couple in tuned to a hit blockbuster on the big screens.

Our financial security was overwhelming, and the time to take up a vacation away from home was ours to run away with. We were successful owners of one of the largest franchises in the electronics world. The company was Lexington Electronics Technology, and was founded by us right after college graduation. We attended the University of Alabama in Huntsville and received our M.B.As in May 1984. We attended seminars during our senior year at the university, which comprised of different guest speakers trying to birth new entrepreneurs and expand the business world. The dream was implanted within the seed of our minds, so we began to save up money and get the ball rolling, while waiting for the day of graduation to arrive. It arrived like anticipated and we were business majors.

Aahh, everything was good, I thought to myself. I had the life that many dreamed of. Now the silence had been done away with, and I was confronted with a question that I wasn’t sure was rhetorical or if she needed an answer from me. “I wonder what it would be like to go to the moon?” I looked over at her to see if she was serious, and could see her eyes still transfixed heavily on the looming sky. She followed up. “You think of all those astronauts who have stepped on the moon, and you stop and wonder; man, that would be a great place to go someday!” She looked over at me and demanded my attention with her stare. She said again, “That would be an awesome thing to do…. go to the moon.”

I had to say something but I didn’t know if she was actually implying that we take a trip to the moon, or if she wanted me to feel what she was feeling at the moment. To ease her a bit I responded, “Honey, are you really imagining what it would be like if we did go up there? Are you hinting on us going up there someday, or maybe for our honeymoon?” She paused, looked back at the sky, and said, “I don’t know. Maybe we could go up there. We have the money, and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Who knows if we would ever have this chance again?” I was surprised to hear such fervor and wonder, but was impressed and found it very sexy and appealing. “What is the meaning of that devilish grin on you’re face Tommy Lexington?” she interrogated. “Nothing, I am just finding you’re enthusiasm and you’re outlook on life to be an attractive and luring quality. I never knew you felt this way about going after things before time ran out, or before age would prevent you from this.”

“Well it is just that like I said, we have all the money in the world. We have this great mansion. We have an overwhelmingly booming business that is pouring out profits in staggering amounts that our cup cannot contain. What we don’t have is that one daring action-packed spark in our life.” My grin faded and was replaced by a slight frown. I said, “Well, we have a pretty exciting life here. We never thought we would ever be this successful. When we opened this franchise that was taking a huge risk, wouldn’t you say?” I could tell that she knew I wasn’t getting the point that she was trying to get across to me. I had to understand but I just didn’t. However I knew that something was missing in her life, and you know what, something was missing in mine! Maybe taking up such a vacation would give us that final touch to our lives. We could look back and say, we did this and the feelings we felt while standing on a piece of God’s creation were unreal.

I leaned over to Pam and tried to catch her eye. She sighed and made eye contact with me. I responded, “Hey, maybe we could go up there.” The smile that expanded over her face was beautiful, and was one of the prime reasons why I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. “Do you mean it? Would you really like to go up there?” I said, “No I would not like to, I would love to go up there! Let’s do it, okay?” The next thing I knew, she embraced me in her arms the same way a returning war soldier is embraced by a lonely wife. The next day the arrangements were made for us to take the greatest trip we would ever take, and the greatest trip we would ever take for the history of planet earth.



3

We left earth on August 8, 2004 with our hearts in anticipation of what we would see and experience. Zerlock was at our side, just as much eager to see earth’s moon, and actually touch its surface. I remember what was felt throughout my entire body when we left the earth’s heaven and entered outer space’s heaven. There was so much awe and reverence for its beauty, that I thought I had seen heaven itself. We stared out every window of the spacecraft, and could see stars after stars welcoming our arrival. Disorientation became a problem earlier in the trip, when we had fired off the grounds and shot upwards at incredible speeds. My stomach was feeling a bit queasy still, but my excitement and childlike curiosity was victor over much of it.

I remember grabbing Pam’s hand and feeling her embrace mine, as she leaned her head on my right shoulder. She was happy, I could tell, and this made me the most happiest. All I ever wanted to do was give her the world, and now I was going to give her the moon along with it. I looked up at Zerlock and could see her rise up from her seat and float towards one of the crew members. It was so interesting and sometimes humorous to see the extent of the zero gravity that affected us and anyone who ventured into space. Ever since I was a child I was always curious as to why people floated in space, and why there wasn’t gravity like there was on earth. It was a mystery.

It was four days later on August 12, 2004, when the moon increased in size to the point where we were almost at its surface. We did a little sleeping, both Pam and myself. Zerlock slept earlier on before we laid our heads down, and was now staring at the portrait of the moon invading every window of the craft. We were almost there! The main captain of the crew spoke with some fatigue to his voice. “Okay ladies and germs, we are about to dock. Prepare yourselves.” What a funny character with a funny choice of words, I thought. It was a great trip with a colorful crew, and I knew the trip back would be equally as fun.

Five minutes later the stars and the vast expanse of space was gone, and the shining white cratered smothered moon took over the field of vision in the windows. We were actually here! I could hear Pam silently sobbing beside me. I felt as if a tear was about to slide down my face. Zerlock was sitting in a trance of some sorts, praying either to God or the stars. “Hey Lock, we are here! Come and enjoy the view!” I said. She held up her left hand in defiance, and I smiled. The captain said again, “Okay folks, are we ready to touch the surface of the moon?” I felt a tiny quiver go up my spine and arms in an act of nervousness. I arose and tried to ground myself as best I could without floating towards the rear of the spacecraft. I helped Pam up to her feet and we prepared to take the first step on the grounds of the moon!

Zerlock was the first to follow the crew out onto the large rock. When the spacecraft had emptied itself out of passengers, we toured every last part of the rock. I wiped the tears from my face that were steadily appearing, and I did the same for Pam who was almost in a full fledged cry. Zerlock was off in her own little world and I could see that something was really nudging away at her attention. I didn’t even pay any attention to what the crew captains said after we were on the rock for almost a minute. They were telling us to remain locked onto each other and to stay together. I looked at Pam and I whispered, “What’s wrong with Lock?” She brushed the tears from her eyes and looked up ahead at the psychic who was staring at the cratered surface as if she had just seen a dead body.

“Everyone needs to stay together Mr. Lexington.” one of the crew captains said as we grazed the huge rock towards Zerlock. I held up my pointy finger at his command and got to Lock. We stopped at her side and noticed that she was still looking down at the craters but with a smile so extravagant and beautiful it was a wonder why she had never been married. Maybe it was the obvious fact that she was a professional psychic and was an enigma most of the time. This seemed to be one of her bouts of peculiarities. She looked up at me with that amazing smile and then at Pam. She wiped the last tear from Pam’s eye and then said, “My dear, we are all about to undergo a major weeping on this planet. Before I say anything else, I do not mean weeping in the sense of despair or sorrow, no no no! It is going to be a cry of peace, joy and security- security for the human race.

I and Pam looked at each other as if maggots were crawling out of our sockets. I was the first to respond to such bizarre words. “Lock, what are you talking about here?” She turned her head back to the crater and I followed her eyes as she pointed down at a substance of some sort filling a huger crater. Pam saw the liquid to, and both of us gazed upon it in confusion. I left Pam’s side long enough to have a closer look at the liquid that appeared to be golden and shiny in color and makeup. Before I could stick my finger in it and examine, the captains finally caught up with us. “Mr. and Mrs. Lexington, and Miss Abigail, I need you all to understand that this can be dangerous. We need everyone to stay together.” They quickly noticed that we weren’t paying attention. They turned their attentions towards the craters that we were all concentrating on and were equally bewildered as we were.

“What is that?” he asked in an almost frustrating tone of voice. Zerlock looked up at him and asked, “Do you really want to know what this is?” All of us nodded our heads yes, and I couldn’t take my eyes off her solemn stare at me. There was a pause and then she spoke. “This is nothing more than a pool of honey, honey that you see bees congregating on. It is the same honey that you put on you’re graham crackers when you want a midnight snack. However, the major difference in this and the honey that you purchase at the stores is what is at the root core of this sweet enjoyment.” My eyes radiated and my stare got more serious as I looked at her in anticipation for more. “This honey is the enjoyment of the sin-sick soul, of the world. When one mere human being takes a drink of it, the spirit of perfection visits every human being on the earth, until the substance spreads throughout the world and rids everything of all evil.”

Every one of us stood frozen not able to say anything!” How in the world was I going to break the ice of this silence?” I thought. I found some form of confidence and I placed my hand on Lock’s right shoulder. “Honey what are you talking about? How can this be honey? What would it be doing on the surface of the moon?” She responded, “Have faith my dear. This honey will cure all world evil. It will be a sudden arrival of the literal heaven in the bible. Everything good and perfect will make a fine home on our world, you name it.” I could tell that the wheels were turning in the heads of the captains, and I didn’t know what to say to either one of them. One of them was trying to keep from bursting out in laughter, while the other one that demanded us stay together, was just studying her like she was a circus freak. I said to them, “I know what you must be thinking, but please understand that she can get like this at times. She is a fortune teller and can see things happen before they occur, and can see what things really are just by looking at them.”

When I had said these things suddenly my eyes were awakened to what I had just said. I looked back at her and she nodded her head yes. “Is this really real, Zerlock?” She said, “Yes it is. This is no joke or scam. This is the real thing. I don’t know what the source of this is, maybe it came from the Lord, I don’t know, but this is real.” I looked at Pam and I could see the tears streaming down her face now uncontrollably. I embraced my wife and I asked, “So what do we do? How do we take this to the world? What if a black government gets their hands on this? How do we know if it is really safe, and will the world really be transformed like you say it will be?”

“This is no joke. All we have to do to change the earth itself forever and everything in it, is for one of us to simply take one drink of it, that’s all.” I suddenly felt myself collapsing until I fell down onto my knees into the dirt and craters of the moon. I buried my head in my hands and cried. “This was it!” I thought. Pam joined me in the dirt and said, “There going to write history books about us Tom.” I emptied my hands of my head and looked up at her with tear saturated eyes. “Is this a dream Pam?” She grinned at me and replied, “No, this is no dream.” I attacked her in a bear hug and cried out of control. I noticed that the captains were not so serious now, and were beginning to show symptoms of belief. They walked up to our huddle and one of them placed their hand on my right shoulder. He said, “Folks, is this lady serious in her claims? Is that honey there really going to cure the world and create peace and perfection for eternity?” Lock quickly answered with abruptness. “Yes, oh yes, this is as real as it gets! All someone has to do is take a drink.” She asked him, “Would you like to be the one to make this happen?” His brows rose up as he pointed to his chest. “Me!” he asked. “Why certainly!” she said back to him. “Oh no I couldn’t!” he said.

He looked over at me and said, “Why don’t you let Mr. Lexington take that step. I would feel more comfortable with someone other than myself having that responsibility. Just ask my wife, she will tell you that I am not much of one that will take on responsibility.” She turned her head back at me and dropped it slightly to her right with puppy dog eyes forming. She asked, “My friend, will you be the one to take the drink that will save the planet? Will you be the one that will once and for all rid the earth of the snake we call Lucifer, or Satan?” I rose to my feet and cried another wave of tears. I looked at my wife and she nodded her head yes in permission for me to take the drink. She said to me, “Let’s do it honey. No pun intended.” A grin appeared on her face. She wrapped me in her warm embrace, released me and then said, “Happy honeymoon dear.”


© Copyright 2007 BranAPublishedAuthor!!! (weather7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1263915-The-Honeymoon