*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265424-Dragons-Honor-Chapter-2
Rated: ASR · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1265424
A young man copes with losses and learns of his true identity. Chapter 2!
Dragon's Honor
Chapter 2: Truthful Lies


Micheal stood in the morgue, the floor was white because it was cleaned recently. No bodies were out of there respective resting place. Micheal was standing in front of the coroner, who was only one foot taller than him. Micheal is furious. "Why can't we bury her?!" Micheal screamed at the coroner. "She's dead! Why won't you let us bury her?" He had all his sadness replaced with anger.

"I am so sorry." He began sorrowfully. "But rules are rules: We can't part with her until the investigation is finished. I'm sorry."

"At least let me know how she died!" Micheal screamed back.

"Ok, ok." The coroner said. "Currently, we believe that all of her organs, and I mean all of them, shut down at the exact same time." Micheal was surprised. "We still can't find a cause."

Micheal sighed, apologized for yelling at him, and the coroner just smiled. "Happens more than you think." Micheal left, still angered that he couldn't give his mother a proper burial. When he exits the building, Brian and James are pacing impatiently.

"Did you get her out of that place?" James asked hopefully. All Micheal did was shake his head in response.

"Let's go home." He spoke at last, with his voice heavy with sadness and anger. "There's nothing we can do here." They turned around, and went home to pack their things, because the house was going to be repossessed and they were going to move to an orphanage. They were orphans, since they no longer had parents.


As they went to the house, there were reporters swarming them: Anne's murder was the big news right now: Everyone wanted to know how the children felt. All they did was walk right past them and brushed the reporters off and went inside. They didn't want to dwell on the dark past.

"I hate reporters." Micheal said. The other two just nodded in agreement. "She's dead. Why can't they just go on instead of lingering on the horrible past, and look to the bright future?"

"Well, not so bright for us." Brian said. "We are going to an orphanage, and we don't have any caring parents."

"True, sadly enough." Micheal responded. He saw James peek out the window, and he also saw him rejoice slightly. "What?"

"The reporters are gone!" He responded. Both Brian and Micheal chuckled in delight.

"Great! Now we don't have to worry about being knee-deep in reporters." Brian said. They all nodded to that one.

"Wait a minute..." James began. "There's someone, standing outside. He seems to be waiting for something."

Micheal opened the window and yelled to the strange man, "What are you waiting for? Go on, get out of here!"

He turned to face Micheal and said, "For you guys to come outside. I shall not leave until I speak with you."

"Why would we do that after our mother was murdered?" Micheal rebounded.

"Good point." The man said. "Why would I kill you here, in broad daylight, in front of a lot of witnesses?" He had his arms raised to his head, and rotated, basically showing the entire neighborhood as witnesses.

"Fine. We'll come outside. Only for a minute." Micheal responded. "Ok, guys. Be ready for anything. Get any weapon you can hold." When they all had what they could use, they went outside to greet the man.

They walked down the driveway to this man that looked like a modified version of the stereotype federal agent: He had a black coat, black pants, and a black trench-coat. His hands were buried in his pockets, but his arms still hanged a little loose. "You don't need those weapons." He said. "I am not hostile."

"Can't be too sure, can we?" James said.

"In these times, weapons are the only protection that you humans have." He said. Puzzled, the three recoiled slightly and they all remained speechless. "Anyway, I wasn't sent to have small talk with you. Your lives are in grave danger." He changed his voice tone completely: He sounded grave.

"We know that already." Brian said. "What do you plan to do about it?"

"I plan to take you where you belong." He said. "My name is William, and I am here to bring you to your new home."

"At the orphanage?" Micheal asked. "Am I right: Are you taking us to the orphanage?"

"Not at all." William responded. The three brothers gasped in astonishment. They didn't know what was going on. "Get your stuff together: We don't have much time."

"Why should we trust you?" James asked. "Why should we trust anybody?"

"Because I am your only hope for your survival: Come with me, and you won't regret it." William said.

How can I trust you? Micheal asked in Dragontounge. Both Brian and James were completely confused and afraid: They didn't know what happened to Micheal. William seemed to expect it.

"What the...?" James began, but just couldn't finish. William laughed.

Because I can keep you away from the orphanage, and let you live happily. He responded in Dragontounge. Micheal was surprised: Someone else knew this language? I can speak this language, called Dragontounge. Come with me. Trust me. You will live much more happily than at an orphanage.

Shocked, Micheal remained speechless for a minute. Then, he spoke. "He wants us to come with him. He said that we will still have happy lives, and we will be away from the orphonage." Micheal translated.

"Ok..." Brian said, but couldn't finish.

"Just because you can do that, doesn't mean I'll trust you." Micheal said.

"Because I lay my life on the line to come here and talk with you." William said. "I still don't see why he wants you."

"Who's he?" James asked.

"I'm not authorized to tell you that. You have to come with me." William said.

"Fine." Micheal said. "You have to stay out here, though."

"Whatever. I'll await you out here." William said as he approached a tree on their property and sat in the shade.


A couple of hours later, their packing was finished. They all were waiting in the living room of the house, conversing.

"What about that man?" James asked.

"Uh... let's see if he's alright." Brian said. They all peered outside and saw him. He waved at them once, and put his hand back in his pocket.

"Let's go out there." Micheal said. They grabbed there stuff and went outside.
"So," Micheal began asking, "how are we getting there?" William chuckled.

"Follow me." He started around the house. He began, "Like this..." when they were around the house. He then raised his arms. In the palms of his cupped hands, a strange light appeared, and the four were engulfed in a blinding light. A couple seconds later, they were in a strange complex, with a hall going on for about 1/2 mile. There were lights along the ceiling, witch was about 75 yards above them. Everything was white. "Welcome to your new home."

First, the group was in shock. They didn't know what wasa going on. "What the...?" Micheal started, but couldn't finish. "What is this place?"

"Your new home. All will be explained in your training." He responded. James just looked back more puzzled than ever. "In here." He opened a door and showed Micheal into a room. "Here is your room. Remember the number." On the door, the number 10853 was embossed in the door. "Ok. You can un-pack and wait here: You will hear when you are needed. You." He pointed to James. "This is your room." This room was 10854, and it was across the hall from Micheal's. "Now you." He showed Brian into room 10855, which was right next to Micheal's. "We will call you when you are needed. Until then, good bye." William turned around and went down the hallway until he dissapeared through the door.


Now the three were done unpacking. However hastily, it was i an arrangement that reminded them of home, so they were comfortable. James was pacing back and forth between the two sides of the hall. Micheal sat against the wall, relaxed. Brian had a pad and paper and was sketching.

"Argh!" James moaned. "We've been waiting for over an hour!" James was very impacient. Micheal tilted his head towards James, and Brian lifted his head to look at him as well.

"Patience is a virtue." Michael said. "Goodness comes to those who wait."

"I don't want any of your stupid philosophy!" He screamed back.

"Sometimes it's better to listen than argue." The three looked behind James and saw William. "Are you ready for training? I do hope the rooms were comfortable."

"Yes to both. When do we begin?" Brian asked. "I want to learn what's going on." The other two nodded after some delay.

"Very well. Right this way." He beckoned them to follow him as he left. They followed him closely.


A few minutes later, they arrive at a door. "Go on in."

"Why aren't you coming with us?" Micheal asked.

"Because I have other people to recruit. I am sorry, but I must go." He turned around and dissapeared. There was a flash that accompanied his dissapearence.

"Ok..." Brian said.

"Are you here to train?" A voice came. It was high and pure. The three turned to see a woman, about 5 feet tall with flowing blonde hair. The three were speechless. "Hello? Are you here to train? If you aren't just leave."

"Um... uh... oh, yeah, we are here to train." Micheal finally responded. "Sorry."

"It's normal." She said. "So, what would you like to train?"

"What can we train?" Brian asked. "We always want to know our choices."

"I like that. Follow!" She took them to a wall covered in training weapons; including swords, maces, fire-arms, bows, crossbows, mounted weapoons, even staffs. "Take your pick!" Brian chose a sniper rifle, James chose a military grade carbine, and Micheal didn't pick anything. "Aren't you going to take one?" She asked him.

"No. I want to train in Hand-to-hand combat: I want to learn martial arts!" He said.

"Never thought I would see someone like you." She said to Micheal. Micheals face showed that he didn't know what she was talking about.

"Huh?" He asked. She appeared not to notice.

"Ok. You," She pointed to James, "I want you to meet your instructor!" She showed him to a burly man, dark skin, short hair, and combat boots. "Now you," She said to Brian, "He's your instructor." It was a man with white skin, he was about 6 feet tall, and appeared to be moderately strong. "Now I shall show you your instructor." She said to Micheal. "This way!" As he followed her, he saw the other two training already.

"Where are we going?" He asked her.

"You'll see." She responded. A few minutes later, they arrived at a door. "Wait here for a minute, ok?" She went in and closed the door behind her.


Five minutes later, a mysterious looking man emerged, wearing a cloak covering his entire body, and wearing a hood that covers his face. Micheal couldn't even see eyes beneath the shadow of his hood. "I am your instructor." He said finally.

"You are...?" He began to ask. The man cut Micheal off.

"I am the only master of all martial arts." Micheal's jaw dropped. He didn't expect someone garbed the way this man was to be a martial artist. "Don't be amazed. Martial arts is a hard path. Are you willing to follow me?" He turned and went down a dark passageway: The lights were never installed. Micheal hurried to him.

"Yes. I am willing." Micheal said to him.

"I see that. Very well." As he finished, they walked into a small room. "Here is where I train you. I want you to show me what you know already." He pointed to a punching bag.

"Ok." Micheal walked over to the bag and punched it with all his might.

"Thought so. You are untrained. Here is how you punch it." The man readied and punched the bag. "Argh!" He almost screamed. He punched right through the bag, and it didn't move. "That's what I want you to do."

Micheal tried a couple times. "I can't yet. You must teach me." Micheal said in response. He seemed a little dissapointed.

"Good. You are modest and truthful. I like that." He said. "Ok. I shall teach you the basics. Watch carefully." He started demonstrating moves slowly for Micheal to be able to emulate them.


About 3 hours later, Micheal retired to his room, his hands and arms aching horribly from the rigorous training. Before he left, his instructor said, "You learn quickly. Maybe you will follow in my steps as the master of Matrial Arts."

Micheal talked with his brothers. "How was your training?" Brian asked Micheal.

"Yeah, Brian and I have already spoken about our training." James added.

"Ok." He described his instructor, what he learned, and demonstrated his abilites. He showed them an uppercut, a quick series of blows, and an attempt to do a backflip by running up the wall, but landed on his face. James and Brian laughed.

"That was funny!" James said. "Whoa! It's already ten o'clock!"

"Dang! Well, goodnight!" Micheal said while ushering them out of his room. When they left, he turned off the light, and fell asleep.


A few hours later, a man opened the door to Micheals room. He closed it as quietly as he opened it. He then snuck to Micheal and said, "Psst!" Micheal groaned and adjusted. "Psst!" Micheal awoke.

Groggy, Micheal asked, "Who is it? What do you want?"

"It's Will." He responded. "I have a question for you."

"Whatever. What do you want?" He asked.

Will asked in monotone, "Do you want to save your mother?"
© Copyright 2007 Valyrin (fafnir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265424-Dragons-Honor-Chapter-2