*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270490-Dragons-Honor-Chapter-3
Rated: ASR · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1270490
A young man copes with losses and learns of his true identity. Chapter 3!
Dragon's Honor
Chapter 3: The Rescue


"What?" Micheal asked. "What are you talking about?"

"Your mother: Do you want to save her?" Will clarified.

"How can I save her if she's dead?" Micheal retorted angrily.

"What would you do if I told you she wasn't dead?" Will questioned.

"I would call you a liar and report you to the master of this association." Micheal responded.

"Well, she is alive. Draco knows that she is too." Will responded.

"Then you're a lia... who did you say already knows?" Micheal responded confused.

"Draco." Will said. Micheal became more coinfused. "He will reveal himself to you when he feels neccesary."

"Ok. Who is he?" Micheal asked.

"He is the head of this organization. And, like i said, he'll reveal himself later." Will said, frustrated. "Anyway, do you want to save her?"

"Well, I have nothing to lose in trusting you. Look what happened!" Micheal said, his voice filled with hope. He believed this place was the best thing that happened to him. "Ok. When do we leave?"

"We? We!?" Will responded. "There is no 'We.' It's going to be you alone!" Micheal was astonished and surprised.

What the heck is he talking about? Micheal thought.

"You're probably wondering what I'm talking about. She's alive and well, your mother. The thing is, that may change if we don't act fast." Micheal was confused for a second, than nodded in agreement and understanding. "Ok. You leave immediatly. The reason you are alone is because the mission is too covert for any more than 1 person, and Draco chose you."

"Ok. Where am I going?" Micheal asked Will.

"You are going to a forward outpost," He began, "of one of our enemies. There, you will be briefed by one of our agents that's inside the base collecting information." Micheal nodded. "You will also be given equipment."

"Equipment?" Micheal asked.

"Yes. You'll need it to infiltrate the outpost and save your mother. Ready?" Micheal nodded with a dertmined look upon his face. "Very well. Follow me."

Michael and Will strode through the corridors of the complex quickly. A few minutes later, they arrived at a heli-pad.

"I'm taking a helicopter?" Micheal asked.

"Yes. It's the fastest means of transportation that remains silent. Get on." Micheal stepped into the helicopter. The engine started. Will closed the door, and the helicopter liffted. It turned south-west, and began moving.

When the helicopter landed, Micheal jumped out. The pilot said, "Just head North from here." The pilot pointed the way. "We landed about 5 miles off to keep us from getting detected." The pilot waved as he took off and flew back to base.

Now that he was on the ground, alone, in the middle of the night, he had to continue with his mission. He went north, towards the base.


As he arrived under the cover of trees, he could only observe as he saw guards patrolling a small compound. Micheal was sure that the rest was underground. He sat thinking about how he could get in. Then, as he stared at the guard, it hit him. He grabbed up a stick, and snapped it as loudly as he could. The guard, startled, raised his weapon. He turned and faced almost right at Micheal. He slowly stepped towards the trees.

As the guard arrived, he looked both directions, gun raised. He saw nothing in both directions and lowered his rifle. "Stupid animals. Always making noise." He turned around to head back, only to come in contact with a branch. Because of the force that the branch had behind it, and the force the guard was walking at, it sent him back a bit. He stumbled, fell, and landed on a root sticking out of the ground. He was knocked out cold.


Micheal had stripped him of his clothes, his weapon, and hid him among the brush. Micheal used some nearby vines to tie up the guard, so he wouldn't be too much of a problem if he awoke. Micheal continued on with the guards patrol, disguised as the guard.

As he approached the entrance, the guards stationed there stood at attention. He marched by them and into the compound. When he was sure he was out of sight he stopped and listened.

"He's lucky." A voice pierced the silence. "I hear he's going to get a promotion soon." The voice sighed.

"Yeah. We're stuck here. How much longer?" A second voice replied.

"About 3 hours until we exchange shifts." The first said again. "It's odd, though..." He began.

"What?" the second cut him off. There was a pause. "Oh, sorry, continue."

"As I was saying," the voice started up again, "it's odd that he came back after his partner."

"Yeah, I noticed that. Wonder why?"

"Maybe he heard..." The voice trailed on, but Micheal had continued downward.

As he descended deeper into he compund,he sawsom people loafing around, a cuple smoking cigarettes, and some sleeping. He was walking deeper when he heard someone whisper in his ear. "Just keep walking." Micheal listened and kept walking. "You the young man who lost his mum? Don't say anything, just nod if true." Micheal nodded. "Good. I'm Daniel. I have some information for you. She's being held in the lower detention area at the bottom of the base. You'll need a security clearence to get there."

Crap. Micheal thinks. He won't get the security clearence he needs any time soon.

"Lucky for you, I have hacked the system and given this card the security clearence you need. Thank me later." Daniel handed Micheal a card. "Swipe it when you get to any checkpoint." Micheal sighed in relief. "Be quick, however. She is scheduled to be terminated in 2 hours." Micheals eyes widen. "Hurry. And act natural." Micheal nod and continues on.

As he marches onward, in what appears to be an endless march, he sees even more men. Some salute him and he saluts back. He sees a young man outside of the infirmary, resting on a bench. The man waves, and Micheal waves back. He urns back to face forward, just to see a steel door in his path. He pushes on it to no avail.

"It's a security checkpoint." The resting man says. "If you don't have the security clearence, don't bother trying to open it." Remembering the card, Michal pulls it out, swipes it, and a tone dings. Micheal pushed on the door, and it opens! He walks through, and the door closes behind him. Micheal continues onward.

After the next door, he finally encountered the detention cells. I's been a hour. She should still be in her cell. Micheal thinks to himself. "You there." The warden commands. "What are you here for?"

"I'm here for the prisoner. You know..." He began, and stopped.

"Ah, her. Time already?" Micheal nods. "Very well, you can have her. She's still pretty sedated, so you'll have to carry her or drag her." Micheal, being the kind person that he is, decides to carry her. He salutes the warden, who salutes back, and Micheal leaves.

About a half hour later, Micheal arrived at Daniel's location. "Have her already? You're faster than I expected." Micheal chuckled slightly. "Her termination was to be in about five minutes..." He was cut off by an alarm. "I guess they found you out. We gotta go now!" As they hurried up the ramp out of the base, they were cut off by a couple guards. Micheal and Daniel took cover.

"Good thing I have this." Micheal said as he grabbed the gun he had slung on his back: A carbine. He saw Daniel gesturing.

"I'm trained with that kind of gun, and mine is back there!" He pointed towards a carbine that was laying on the ground about 10 feet back. "Give me the gun, and I'll cover you while you get the gun!" Micheal slid the gun over to Daniel. Daniel stood up and blasted both of them. "Get it!"

Micheal nodded and hurried over to the carbine. As he grabbed it and stood back up, he accidentaly smacked another enemy soldier in the chin and knocked him out. "Agh!" Micheal screamed. Daniel turned back to see the man on the ground and Micheal ruggiing his head.

"Shrug it off! We have to keep moving!" Daniel shouted back amongst the cover fire being laid upon them by other soldiers covering the exit. Micheal got down, head still feeling as if it would burst from that moment, stood up and fired a burst of bullets. He was lucky enough to get about 3 targets. Daniel took care of the rest. "Come on!" Micheal grabbed his mom and hurried upward.

After about 10 minutes of this going on, Anne was coming to. "Mom?" Micheal asked.

"What's going on? Where am I?" She asked in response.

"I'm getting you out of here!" Micheal shouted. "Take this, and help us clear a path out of here!" Micheal knew he only had about 2.5 hours left until the chopper left. He handed Anne a pistol, she cocked it and fired one round, injuring a soldier that was flanking them.

"This is it!" Daniel shouted as the last man fell. "Go! Go! Go!" They all ran out of the base, Anne a little sluggish from just awakening.


"Mom, we are almost there!" The clearing was right in front of them, and the chopper was ready to go.

"Get aboard quickly!" The pilot shouted as everyone hopped on. Daniel was hit in the arm and was apparently in pain with a make-shift bandage over the wound. Anne almost collapsed into one of the seats, and Micheal hopped onto the mounted turret and readied to protect the chopper.

"Is that...?" Anne began. "Micheal! Get ready to open fire!" She screamed at Micheal. Micheal was puzzled, but he saw something in the distance. It was approaching rapidly. As he got a good enough view, he saw what it was.

"What the...?" Micheal began, but Anne cut him off.

"Take that dragon out!" She screamed. The Red Dragon readied it's breath weapon, when Micheal fired upon it. It screamed in pain and veered off.

"Yes!" Micheal rejoiced.

"Don't get cocky! He'll come back for another try!" She screamed. The pilot saw what was going on.

"Get ready everyone: This ride is going to get bumpy!" The helicopter quickly rose and fire streamed underneath it. Micheal kept fireing on the dragon. Before any of them knew it, it was flying along side them, but a good distance off. Micheal fired as it drifted closer, and he saw him hit the underbelly: The weak point. The dragon roared in pain and flew off.

"Good job, Micheal!" Anne congratulated Micheal.

"Good going, young man!" Daniel said right after Anne congratulated Micheal.

"We're heading back to base! What an interesting trip, wasn't it?" The pilot said sarcasticaly, and Micheal just shook his head.


When they landed, it was still almost midnight, and they all went to bed.


The next morning, William came to get Micheal. "Draco has requested you in his office." Is all he said. Micheal got up, got dressed, and went to see Draco with Williams escort.


When he arrived, William left, and the door opened. Micheal thought he recognized the place, but dismissed the feeling. When he went in, the door closed behind him. There were weapons on the walls: Carbines, rifles, swords, even energy weapons. There was a desk with the chair facing away, towards a screen with security camera feeds all throughout the compund.

A voice pierced the silence. "I've been waiting for you, Micheal." Micheal jumped. "Don't be startled, young man. I'm not going to hurt you. I am Dracon, and I came to escort you somewhere."

"Where?" Micheal asked, but felt slighlty afraid that he did something stupid.

"You'll see." Was the response. The chair turned around, and revealed him. He was battle scarred, and had an extremely intimidating look all about him. "Follow me." He said as he left the room. Micheal followed closely behind.

About 2 minutes later, he gestured him to stop where he was. Draco left towards a door, went through it, and left it open. There was a crowd outside, and they were all talking. "Fellow Agents." He said. The sound quieted down. "I have come to inform you of the outstanding courage of one of you in the face of the enemy. He fought with valor, and rescued someone. I wopuld like to present to one of the newest members, Micheal, one the highest accomadations possible: The Medal of Honor!"

Everyone cheered, and Draco gestured him in. Micheal entered the room, and was extremely nervous. "Bow." Draco whispered in his ear. Micheal bowed, turned towards Draco, and was bestowed with a gold medal. He turned, smiled, and bowed again. Draco walked off the stage and went to Anne. Micheal looked and couldn't see what they were saying.

He only could read Anne's lips: "He's ready."
© Copyright 2007 Valyrin (fafnir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270490-Dragons-Honor-Chapter-3