*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266905-Here-and-There
Rated: 13+ · Other · Nature · #1266905
A horrid yet fantastic experience beyond the ordinary ( 396 words )
                                              Here and There

                   
         It was a holographic night sky.  Images of unknown planets and other celestial objects faded in and out of sight, and became visible only when tilting my head at subtle angles.  And while positioning myself at an angle such to view these unworldly sights, I became transfixed and reluctant to look away, for never before had I witnessed anything so profound…so remarkable.  Captivated by these uncanny sights, I soon found myself exempt from gravity and ascending weightlessly through earth’s stratosphere and far beyond; I floated from here to there, the cosmic unknown—and this is what I witnessed:
         I witnessed planets resembling Saturn, where prismatic rings and elliptical spheres pulsated vividly in the enormity of space.  These astounding images glowed with metallic transparency, like holographic trinkets suspended in eternity…fantastic in color, they were.  I witnessed radiant clouds and purple supernovas, wherein teemed life which undulated like dark, tenuous phantoms; many of whom observed me with grotesque regard.  I, too, witnessed various red stars, around which orbited strange planets—blue and green, much like our own—that no human eye has ever fallen upon, naked or through a scope.  I found myself floating against the textured borders of the universe, onto which I faithfully knocked and from which came no divine response— only hollow reverberation.  Resuming this cosmic endeavor where gravity existed not, I became flushed with emotional transcendence, my body quivering with violent yet exhilarating throes.  And while gripped by the climax of this orgasmic euphoria, I could feel myself being inexorably pulled away from the nether and back to the ordinary, descending down, down, down toward my terrestrial world.          
         When I opened my eyes and realized that I had fallen asleep upon an open field overrun with dancing weeds and scattered stone, among cool evening air redolent of nearby cypress and other earthly scents, I reflected on my lucid dream and lay on my back, gazing in awe at the night above.  My attention was seized and incapable of averting, for here I beheld the earth’s night sky with stellar intuition. I marveled at the cratered moon.  At milky, star-riddled clusters.  At majestic, cosmological vistas and other solar phenomenon beyond what my eyes could attain but that imagination embraced.  I was paralyzed with immaculate intrigue and smiled inwardly with the fortune of having seen, in that surreal dream, what lies in the vast expanse, beyond our secular dimension.


© Copyright 2007 Gerard Muller (gerardmuller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1266905-Here-and-There