*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269346-Firestorm
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1269346
a small town must now face a natural disaster that they cannot be prepared for.
(center)Firestorm(rough draft)(/center)

In a small village in the middle of nowhere, called, Shingro, there was a story, a story of an ancient monster. This monster was known only as the "Draken", the name the locals used when referring to this monster of destruction. Long ago a mysterious monster, the Draken, flew to the village and terrorized it immediately. Not long after the Draken had arrived a warrior wizard had stumbled upon this village and sealed the Draken away, after a great deal of struggle of course. But the Draken then became a monster who could be again summoned into the world, so to insure this would never happen. The mysterious man used a mysterious yet very powerful spell for that if the Draken were ever summoned then the summoning would cause a natural disaster stronger then any ever seen before.

Since then no one had seen the Draken, and all who had had perished long ago. By now the Draken had become a myth, and very few believed in it's existence. But there were two people who knew how to summon it, they had stumbled upon a couple of summoning books, which there were not many of anymore. These books contained information on summoning all known monsters in the world, even the not-so-well known monsters such as Draken.

One of these two men, who was named, "Vaspar", was a tall man, standing at about 6' 5". He would always wear a long dark brown overcoat and shade his face with a light brown hat. He was very mysterious; he would most likely stay in his house, only coming out on occasion, when he absolutely needed too. Some villagers did not even know of his existence. Vaspar lived out in a small, badly kept, house, near a mysterious old shack. This shack was so old, that the villagers no longer had any knowledge of its age or reason for being built. Everyone was scared of the shack, afraid of what they might find within its aged walls, but Vaspar, he felt drawn to it.

The other man, who was named, "Aewilium", was significantly shorter then Vaspar, he stood at about 5’6”. Aewilium, always seemed to be in a happy mood, and loved to help people out, with anything. Everyone thought that the name “Aewilium” was a strange name, even Aewilium thought that it was strange, but all he could say, was that the name had been in his family for centuries. Aewilium, lived in a large, nice house along a cliffside, at the top of this cliffside, there was a cave, one of which, the locals had named “Cave of Mystery”. Upon entry, anyone within the cave would soon learn that, far too many tunnels had been dug into the cliff, anyone who would dare to even attempt exploring the cave, would most likely end up lost, never to leave the cave again.

One beautiful, summer morning, Aewilium was relaxing outside on top of the cliffside, when he heard some noises, all coming from inside the cave. Aewilium got up and entered the cave, hoping to help whoever seemed to be lost inside. Following the voice that he heard from outside the cave, Aewilium, marked his path, by scratching arrows into the walls, at every turn. Eventually he stumbled upon a lamp, picking it up and lighting it, Aewilium, now had a better chance of finding the lost person.

Aewilium continued walking through the cave, trying to follow the voice that he heard, that now sounded like laughing. Taking some lefts, and some rights, he eventually came to a slope that declined sharply, and then rose slowly. While walking up the other side, Aewilium turned a corner, and found the man he had been desperately searching for in the cave.

“Hello? Are you alright?” He asked.

“Oh, yes I am fine.” Said the man laughing manically

“Who are you?”

“Me? I am called Vaspar, surly you’ve heard of me.”

“The man who rarely leaves his house, and never shows his face?”
© Copyright 2007 GhostDragon (ghost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1269346-Firestorm