*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270257-Hamlet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1270257
Story of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark
                              HAMLET 
        Dear readers, this is the story of Hamlet, a tragic hero in Denmark. This just a summary of the whole drama. I believe by the time you read this you will have an idea of the book Hamlet written by William Shakespeare.   
        “Hamlet” written by William Shakespeare talks about how a king is murdered by his brother and climbs to the throne and eventually marries his brother’s wife “Gertrude”. Act 1 talks about two soldiers that are on guard at the Ellsinore castle horatio arrives asking them about the ghost they have seen, the ghost arrives ,a silent warlike figure in shape of the former king of Denmark horatio who is hamlet’s bosom friend decides to tell hamlet what they had seen.
        Meanwhile Claudius who is the brother of old hamlet [the dead king of Denmark] is addressing his court and also celebrating his marriage to his brother’s wife Gertrude .he sends ambassadors to the king of Norway telling him about fortinbras plans of  war against Denmark. Claudius meets with hamlet and asks him about his moody behavior, hamlets replies that he is still mourning the death of his father. left alone hamlet feels the disgust of his mother’s hasty marriage to Claudius barely two months after his fathers death.horatio arrives and ells hamlet of the ghost they saw last night hamlet decides to watch the ghost himself.
        Laertes who is Claudius chief minister’s son seeks leave to return to Paris which is granted him. He says goodbye to his sister and warns her not to be too involved with her relationship with hamlet. Her father in the person of Polonius tells her the same thing and she says she will obey. on the battlements hamlets follows the ghost because it beckons him. The ghost explains to hamlet that he was murdered by his brother, by pouring a poisonous liquid in his ear when having his rest at the orchard. he tells hamlet that he wants revenge. Hamlets reveal to horatio what the ghost told him. Hamlet tells them that he may exhibits some traits of madness in the future but that they should not bet trouble until the true killer of his father is revealed.
        Hamlet vows to carry out his fathers wishes, for him to be sure he decides to stage a play titled “THE MURDER OF GONZAGO”.claudius and detrude sends for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern who are hamlet friend. They told them to get close to hamlet to inquire about his funny behavior .Polonius reads out to the king and queen the love letter that hamlet has written tom his daughter Ophelia. They all decided that they will both spy on the couple together. Hamlet welcomes the actors to the castle, and soon the play begins as Claudius and the queen takes their seat. When the play gets to the scene where poisonous liquid is poured into the ear of gonzago, Claudius stands up and walks away. With these hamlet was convinced that it was he who killed his father.
        Back at the palace hamlet decides to tell his mother to leave Claudius alone meanwhile Polonius hid himself at the back of the curtain listening to what hamlet and his mother were busy discussing. Hamlet grabs his mother and she shouts so Polonius shouts after her. Hamlet on hearing the shout from the curtain strikes towards the curtain. Unknown to him he kills Polonius and Polonius drop dead. Gertrude tells Claudius what hamlet has done. When Laertes heard    that his father was killed, he came to challenge Claudius about the death of his father. Claudius decides to kill hamlet but in pretence to help help him. He sends hamlet to England and gave some people latter to murder him on their way to England. Hamlet get to know about the king’s plan of killing him so instead of him he erased his name from the letter and replaced it with the name of one of the soldiers.
        Unfortunately for them their ship was attacked by pirates and hamlet esapes.he sends letter to the king and his best friend that he is coming back to Denmark. Meanwhile Ophelia that is hamlet’s fiancé fell into a brook and go drowned cause of the heaviness of her cloths. During the burial of Ophelia Laertes jumps into the graves and hamlets follows also and they fight .hamlet angered by these vows to fight Laertes later. Claudius and Laertes decide to kill hamlet in a fencing fight. Claudius prepares a  poisoned drink should incase  hamlets demands for a drink during the fight, as if that was not enough he also gave laertes a poisoned  sword. The entertaining fight begins and Laertes took the fight serious and injures hamlet with the sword during the fight they exchanges their swords and hamlets stabs him with the sword also. Gertrude unknown to her drank of the poison prepared for hamlet and she dies also. Hamlet proceeds to  Claudius and stabs him at his chest and gave him the remains of the poison to drink. Hamlet tells horatio that he should not kill himself but he should tell the whole of Denmark their story. He also remains him that he should make fortinbras the next king in Denmark. 
                                                                                                 
                                                                                                    THE END
© Copyright 2007 samogtemog (temog at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270257-Hamlet