*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271502-Never-the-Same
by Reina
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1271502
first person short story about Jesus' affects on someone's life
I stood there. Watching, staring, waiting. All the while knowing that what would happen in the next ten minutes would determine the whole of eternity. I felt myself trembling as I finally saw his face, his bleeding face, as he stumbled up the pathway to his death.

This is my Saviour. Someone who dared not just to be humiliated in a crowd filled with hate but to love them also. For all the harsh words, ugly motives, blackened hearts and unspeakable cruelties not once did he retaliate. He faced each sneer with humility, every furrowed brow with a prayer. Tears cannot describe how terrible I felt at this moment but I would love to describe to you what every single person had been experiencing here. Standing in this crowd as I do now. As you will soon.

Now, I must begin where all of our stories do, where we all begin: the thousand secrets of the depths of my heart. All those moments when I slandered someone, hated, never forgave or forgotten....misjudged and judged all over again those who were as innocent as ever, those moments when nobody could put up with me, and anybody who knew me would say I was perfect. Who can know what a girls heart may withhold in all the years of her life?

Just a day before the one I described to you earlier, I had just comitted something unspeakable, I went against what my parents advised me to do, and I acted out of selfishness and impulsiveness. Not only did I insult someone very dear to me, but I lost a friendship and gained many enemies in the balance. So much has weighed upon me recently that when I saw this man stumbling against the weight of a massive length of wood with his eyes piercing my own as if he could see right through my soul, I knew immediately that what he was doing wasn't for nothing.

It was for me.

Jesus Christ died for me and I will never be the same again.
© Copyright 2007 Reina (reina90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271502-Never-the-Same