*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273002-Lil-DragonChapter-OneGetting-Married
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1273002
When Lillian escaps marring the Shadow and is told a secret that will change everything.
Chapter One: Going to be Married

Before the dark time; the Shadowed time, the world was ruled by the mystical Drake, the first Dragonish. This mystical ruler could, according to legend, talk to and transform into a dragon. His wife was his equal, so she too was one of the Dragonish. They had two children, but they and their parents where killed when the Shadow took over.
Shadow, or the Shadow, as everyone called him, had all ready taken over thirteen planets. Dragoon is his fourteenth planet, so far he only had the southern hemisphere. He only needed one more planet in this universe to control the entire universe. In celebration he decided to get married. His wife to be was a eighteen year old girl named Lillian Eaves. Lillian was previously an embroider. She is tall and thin, with brown hair that reaches to her waist and bright blue eyes.
“Married!” I yelled. “You can’t say no, honey. You just can’t. He is too rich and powerful! I am sure you will get use to him. Besides if you deny his proposal he’ll probably have you killed!” my mother, Olivia Eaves, begged me. “The only reason you want me to marry him is so that you will be rich!” I accused her. “That’s not true, honey. I just want you to be safe and I don’t consider being dead safe.” my mother assured me. “Yeah right,” I thought to my self, “being married to a murderer and dictator is really safe.” My mother gave me a look like she knew what I was thinking that and so I quickly went to my bedroom to keep my thoughts to my self.
“About an hour before a messenger from the Shadow came to our house. We all were freaking out because we thought it was like a death sentence or something bad. Figures since every thing he does is bad. Anyway, he came in quickly said, “The great Shadow, in celebration of taking over his fourteenth planet is going to get married. He has selected Lillian Eaves. You have until tomorrow at mid-day to think about it.” Then he left just as quickly as he came and I fainted in a chair. Or so my mother said, my head has really has been hurting. That is how the worst thing that ever happened to me happened.” I recounted to myself.
Right now it is 8:25 pm. “I can’t find Skipp anywhere, oh well he probably would just be in the way.” I thought. Skipp is my 2 year old golden retriever, he is my guard dog. I am running away, to escape marrying the Shadow. I packed a lunch and a flashlight just in case. I have never run away before so don’t blame me for anything.
I heard a wolf howl. It’s voice ringing from the trees. Gulping once, I approached the forest. I pulled myself together as I walked into the Dosh Forest. The only one that saw me leave was the cat, Whiskers. Entering the trees I felt warmer, even though it is a warm July night. I instantly felt at home. Between two trees was a little clearing. It’s clean considering it is in a forest. “I guess I’ll spend the night here and decide what to do in the morning.” I said to no one at all.
I woke up. Yawning I looked around, the birds and animals are so loud. Oh great! It is like 10:00 in the morning! I bet there will be a search party or something soon. I’ll have to eat my brunch on the go. I better get moving, but where? I guess, I could walk inside the forest along the edge of the road until I got to the space port. Then I could get a ride to some unknown planet, to escape the evil Shadow’s clutches forever! OK, so maybe no way that it will work, but whatever I don’t have anything better to do. A voice! Walking quickly and silently I walked to where I had heard the voice.
There was a little church across the road, in front of the church there was hundreds of men. There is the voice again. Cautiously I approached the figure, taking the last bite of my sandwich. Hiding behind a tree I could see the speaker and another persons shadow, they were blocked by a tree. The person I could see was a general or something to do with the army. He was talking to the other person. He said, “We have received word that the new law has reached the entire planet. Not one settlement doesn’t know the law that states, a girl doesn’t get to choose her husband and had to agree to marry the man who has the highest authority that wished her to be his wife. They could ask a man to marry them though, but the man can say no. We also have had word that every church is guarded by at least 200 men. Except for one, but there is no way that, if you don’t mind my saying, a city girl like her self could get to. It is in a village that is on the other side of the Dragon’s lair. The only way to get there is through a canyon right beside the cave.”
Guessing whose shadow I could see, I slowly and as quietly as I could walk away. As I stepped back almost out of sight a twig snapped under my feet. I looked up, there was no one that I could see. Sighing as I turned around I ran straight into the general. “Thought you might get lost in the forest, your highness.” he said mockingly bowing while snickering, “This way, please.” “Why thank you general, I woke up in the forest and have been wandering around for hours.” I said with admiration and thankfulness. He isn’t convinced, I fluttered my eyelashes, clasped my hands, smiled slyly, looking at the ground, and glancing up at him once. I can feel him staring at me. Turning around so that my hair whisked over his shoulder I walked towards the road. He is following me! Yes! I think he believes that I was kidnapped or if he doesn’t he won’t at least chain me up or something. Oh man, I wonder what the Shadow would do to him if he found out that I flirted with him! Oh well, I don’t care that much about him.
The general is letting me ride in his litter. He gave me some roasted turkey to eat. It is cold but I am so hungry I don’t care. The general rode up to me, he said, “We’ll stop at a small village about a quarter mile from here. There is a hotel that we can sleep at. The men will stay outside, sleeping in shifts.” “Thank you General, what good thinking,” I said to him. “Even an idiot would post guards around a wife of the dictator of the planet, at night.” I thought. I stared at the forest. Had I really walked that far or did the forest have a big bump coming out of it? I am getting really tired.
I can see the village! Man am I tired. We are finally here! Hey, this is where my house is! The village looks at lot different from the outside. As we approached the gates I could see scorch marks on the wall. The gate was broken and hanging limply against the opening in the wall. Glancing at the general I saw that he was just as surprised as me. Then getting the most optimistic thought that I can. Rebels, maybe even the former occupants of the village had burned the village to show their anger at the Shadow. But then as usual there is a bad side to this idea, of course they could have picked this village because it was the Shadow’s bride-to-be’s town. So maybe they wouldn’t want to hide me or whatever. Or maybe . . . OK that was a bit much, but, I think I better be quiet now.
As we went through the gates I saw that the entire town had burned to the ground. What was that! I thought I just saw somebody just off the wall onto the other side. No way though, we would have heard them if you know what I mean. The wall is too high, the person would have to be insane to jump down, if there was a person. I am way to tired to be trusted.
© Copyright 2007 The white dragon (lil_dragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273002-Lil-DragonChapter-OneGetting-Married