*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273468-Lil-DragonChapter-Two-Poisoned
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1273468
Lillian falls over Ash and then hates him, back and forth until every one is going crazy.
                                          Chapter Two: Poisoned

We found a stone building with two rooms.  I got one and the general the other.  Hu, yawn?  “Wh- whose there?” I sputtered.  “Shhhh.” a quiet, calm, voice told me.  It was male.  I opened one eye.  I could only see a dark figure.  He was tall and muscular, that was about all I could see from his silhouette.  I decided to let him stay and not alert the guards.  “Can you walk?” he asked still quietly.  “I am too tired.” I lied.  “I wonder if he will carry me.  That would be so romantic.” I thought.  I heard him sigh.  “All right, I’ll carry you then.  Can you ride on my shoulders?  There are guards at the gate.”  He said slowly.  He was the one I saw jump over the village wall!  “I guess so, but how are we going to get out if the gate is blocked?” I asked curiously.  “Leave that to me.” he answered rather indignantly.  He held my hand as he led me out side.  “Where are we going?” I asked getting nervous.  “Be quiet, please!” he said.  He led me to the park.  Isn’t this getting better and better!  He told me, “Come over here so I can put you on my shoulders.”  I walked over to him and he picked me up and set me on his shoulders as if I didn’t weigh a thing.  Then he walked over to the wall and he just climbed up it.  After that he jumped off the edge.  At first it was just like falling but then we just sort of glided to the bottom of the wall.  The view was beautiful, you could see the sunrise barely above the mountains.  Geese flew across the sunrise, jolted as we landed, I flew off his back, but before I even hit the ground again he caught me.  As soon as he did he said, “Are you all right?  Say something!  I can carry the rest of the way, but I have to run because they probably have already noticed you’re gone.”  As if to prove his point we heard the general yelling at the guards, “You lazy lumps go find her before the Shadow gets here!”  The Shadow!  Oh no, we’ll never get out of this one!  The boy started running.  He was so fast!  Carrying me and he was running about 60 miles per hour.  I fell asleep before we got there, but just as the sun was coming up so that you could see I got a glimpse of his face.  The sunlight reflected off his face making him look a pale light tan.  His eyes where a beautiful, bright, light blue.  There was a fire in it that I will never forget.  He had pale pink lips, his face looked like he was totally concentrated and determined to get me somewhere.  He had dirty-blonde hair that complimented his face.  I stared into his eyes as my eyelids fluttered then closed.  When I woke up it was about 9:30 in the morning.  Right after I opened my eyes I saw a huge cave looming in front of me!  The Dragon’s lair that the general had talked about.  Forgetting who was holding me I struggled to free myself of my captors grasp.  His grip was like iron, “What?!” he said confused to me.  “The  the  dr-dragon’s lair!” I stuttered still trying to free myself.  Chuckling he answered, “First of all, that isn’t a dragon’s lair, that is my house.  Second, the name is Dragone not Dragon.”  He set me down, looking me in the eye with that same fire I had seen earlier that day, “Are you OK?  You look like you have something on your mind.”  He said.  “Oh, it’s only a few things.” I replied.  He gave me a questioning look and one that said go on. 
“Well, first where am I?” I asked. 
“Oh, that ones easy, you are in the Dosh Forest.” he told me. 
“OK, well then who are you?” I asked curiously. 
“My name is Ash Dragone.  I have lived here all my live.  I am a,” he stopped eying me curiously. 
“Go on,” I said
“Are you with or against the Shadow?” Ash demanded rather harshly.
“Are you nuts!  Of course I am against him!  He is trying to marry me, taking over part of Dragoon.  Who isn’t?!?  Are you against him?”  I asked.
“Of course!  Why would I steal the Shadow’s wife-to-be if I was on his side?”  Ash said laughing.
“To hand me in,” I paused, “You stole me?”
“I guess, sort of.” He replied.
Glowering at him I turned around, Skipp!  “Skipp!  You found me!  What happened to the town?  Where is mother?” I asked excitedly.  “Woof woof ruff woof.” Skipp barked with a triumphant expression.  He cocked his head and wagged his tail at me.  I turned around to face Ash, “Well, now that I am in good hands, er, paws, I’m leaving.”  Leaving him there confused I walked off.  I could hear the beatings of wings, footsteps, and ferocious roars.  “Skipp go find me something to eat.” I commanded.  Soon he came back with two rabbits.  “Great I don’t have anything for a fire but wood.  Just then Ash appeared from the trees everything seamed to get quiet.  “What do you what?” I demanded, glaring.  “I have some matches,” Ash answered smiling slightly.  “I don’t know what I did or said back there but could we please make-up?” Ash said when he noticed my tone of voice and glare. 
“Well, since you have matches.” I said jokingly. 
“OK then,” he said in my same tone, “I’ll start the fire then.”  Soon he had a nice fire going. 
“I can cook it if you want,” he offered. 
“OK, I can’t cook.”
“I am not the best ether but I guess it will have to do.” he said laughing.
I took one bite and spit it out instantly.
“That is disgusting!’ I yelled.
“Sorry.” Ash said.
“I will cook my own, and thank you for the fire.” I retorted back at him.
I cooked the last rabbit.  “Delicious!” I lied.  I must be a horrible actress because he burst out laughing.  Suddenly Skipp ran off and hid behind a tree cowering.  “Skipp come back here!” I yelled at him, “You can’t leave me alone with this scoundrel!  Eek!”  Right after I finished my sentence a snake bit me!  Ash stared for a minute and then ran off.  “Come back here you coward!  Come help me!” I screamed.  The world started spinning around.  I saw everything triple.  When Skipp barked I heard his echo about fifteen times.  I had been poisoned!  I screamed  in agony.  I started to breath very slowly and it hurt when I did.  I heard Ash, “Help.” I whispered weakly, struggling for breath.  “Open your mouth, your mouth, your, mouth, mouth, mouth.” I heard Ash say before I fell to the ground..  I managed to open my mouth just before I did.  I felt him drop something in my mouth right before it became numb.  I couldn’t feel or see anything.  I tried to swallow what ever he had put in my mouth.  Right before I passed out I heard him say, “Toh aru poli.”
© Copyright 2007 The white dragon (lil_dragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1273468-Lil-DragonChapter-Two-Poisoned