*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274302-Edge
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1274302
unfinished chapter from about a year ago.
                                              ***Edge***


"Why am I here?" I groaned as I dove over a slicing blade and forward rolled to safety, or rather, a 2 inch wide bar over a never ending crevice.

"You do this," replied Connor from a few bars down, "because you're one of the best, but you still have a lot to learn." He wobbled dangerously and almost fell.

"Bend your knees." I suggested, "And stop talking and concentrate." I focused on bending my knees.  I front flipped in the air, over diagonally two bars and then half jumped so I was facing the opposite direction. I back-flipped putting my hands down on one bar then pushing off to twirl through the air landing perfectly facing the crevice I just crossed. I laughed. That was so much fun.

"How can you do that?" Connor shook his head in amazement as he started to hop like a rabbit from bar to bar, without hesitation.

"The same way you can do that. Let's go" I started jogging towards the tires laid out in front of us.

"Hey Edge, wait up" Connor yelled and started running after me. That's what my close friends call me- Edge. It’s really Edjwenna pronounced edge-we-nuh, and I actually like that name its just Edge fits me better. People who aren't my close friends call me Vedge or Wedge or something like that. I haven't figured out why; I'm not fat really.... All I know is you don't want to be one of those people.

We finished the course at the same time with no trouble. Neither of us are very good at sports but we're strong. We jogged through the few pine trees to the cabin we had fixed up. This sad excuse for a forest was the only place we could find to train alone. I went in, grabbed a water bottle, and turned on the radio. 'Step Up' by Samantha Jade was playing. I turned around to face the door and saw Connor holding a water bottle and peeling off his shirt. Not that I minded; I just didn't want him to see me checking out his six pack.

Then I don't know what happened; it might have been the song. I took off my shirt to. Connor stared. I took a drink and smiled.

"What? If you can take yours off, I can take mine off."

"I'm not complaining." He replied and kept staring. Maybe I should have rethought what I wore today, this was kind of awkward. Maybe a cammi as well as a bra and long jeans instead of jean short-shorts.

I turned around and played with the radio volume, kind of dancing a bit. When I turned back around I was surprised to find my lips touching Connor's, and his arms wrapped around my back with his hands on my shoulders. We were both sweaty from the exercise we'd done, but it didn't matter. I kissed him back and somehow we ended up on the floor in the most passionate kiss of my life. We rolled over so I was underneath and as we did we knocked into the table and the cooler tipped over dumping the two spare water bottles and a whole cooler-full of ice right on top of us- mostly Connor. I screamed and he yelled, and then we realized what happened. We laughed and got up off the floor.

"Well at least the cooler didn't fall." I said between laughs.

"That was refreshing."

"I know. What a great kiss." I joked. He kissed my head softly and we began to change into regular clothes. Today we didn't go outside to different sides of the cabin for privacy. We changed in one room- but just our outer layer.

We walked to our bikes and rode home. We went to my house first, but this time there was a long goodbye kiss.

"See you tomorrow?" He asked a little expectantly.

"Yea, see you tomorrow"


                                              ***Connor***

I don’t know what happened but I kissed her. Finally Edge and I are actually going to be more than friends. I wonder if she realized I have liked her ever since I got to know her. I t was the most incredible kiss of my entire life and she felt so good pressed up against me.

I will see her tomorrow! Well, I see her every day but this is different. I am so glad that when we train, Edge gets to see both sides of me instead of just the tall, expressionless, quiet guy everyone else sees. I don't know what she does see, but whatever it is I am proud to be that way.

She looked so beautiful today. Her dark brown hair tied back with only small curls left in the front and her green eyes glowing. Her rosy red cheeks and perfectly arched eyebrows just add to her beauty. And when she took her shirt off I just couldn't stop staring! On the inside I was dying of embarrassment but I just couldn't draw my eyes away. Finally something good has happened to me.......


                                              ***Edge***

The next day I had school. I like learning and getting to see my friends, there was only one problem- we didn't learn a thing and I didn't have classes with anyone I knew. Ok technically that's two problems but they both make school really boring. Tenth grade is, so far, the most uninteresting year ever. It's only November so I guess it could change. It's very routine. I do the same things with the same people with the occasional pep rally- until now.

I walked up to the school gate (yes gate, with big iron bars and a lock and everything). There were the normal group of girls I walk to my locker with and talked to about meaningless stuff. Right behind them stood Connor. The girls were waving like crazy because they thought I didn't see them. I walked through there crowd with the occasional "hi" and I walked up to Connor and kissed him. I heard the giggling from behind me stop and I knew everyone around us was staring. They were probably thinking 'what's that weird looking girl doing with the hot silent guy?' Well the girls were the boys were thinking 'poor guy, he must be desperate.'

Maybe I should explain things a bit more. I have boring, brown layered hair and greenish dull eyes. My face is to round but the shape of my hair makes it look strangely long AND round. My ears aren't big they just stick out through my hair making me look like an elf. On the other hand Connor has blonde hair with a natural wave that he wears long and his eyes are bright green. He is very cut like I already said and is 6'1'' while I am 5'6''. We go to Saint Junipers High School which is like the dungeon part of a castle. You know those parents who want to send you to a strict school where you don't do anything but work? Or the parents who don't care you could go to the poorest, dirtiest, easiest school ever and they wouldn't care? They all sent there kids here. All the kids are jocks, nerds, preps, outsiders, or sluts. Or more than one of the above. Anyway back to the now.

Connor put his arm around me and we started walking. Have you ever felt small and cute? That's how I felt. We walked to my locker and almost every person we saw stopped talking as we passed. Behind us there was the strange sound of hundreds of people whispering.

We got to my locker which had scratches all over the front like a cat had attacked it. I opened it and my book on Wicca fell out. Now Connor knows about my obsession with ancient witchcraft because I share everything with him, but it was still weird seeing as everyone who had been whispering around us had also been staring a second ago. I really hoped they didn't see it.

They didn't. I think everything was starting to go back to normal again, but I was still smiling. This was probably the most exciting thing that had happened to me this year. Next to starting training.

Connor walked me to my first class too and I realize, even though he is quiet, Connor has a lot of friends.
"They're not my friends." He says reading my mind as another girl waves while walking past. Now that I think about it all of them are shy looking girls who give me glaring looks.
"Oh your fan club." I finally realize.  I must have looked disappointed because he kissed me on the top of the head and squeezed my arm as we walked into my English class.

Mrs. Harlett is the best English teacher ever, plus she knows all about me and Connor. You see the reason we train is because we need to be physically and mentally in shape for when the time comes when we need to be ready. I'll explain more later.

Connor even walked me to my desk and we stood there talking for a second. He wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed me on the cheek. Him just being there made me feel safe, protected. I didn't even mind that I wasn't using my usual smart-ass I-can-look-after-myself attitude, but I was a small, cute, giddy girl who has the perfect guy to look after her.

Mrs. Harlett walked in at that moment and when she saw us she shook her head and smiled. I think she mumbled something along the lines of-
"I knew it, I knew it. Finally!" Just then the bell rang, blaring a note somewhere between A and A flat.
"Oh crap." Connor said loud enough for everyone to hear and started towards the door.
"Hey Mrs. H."  He said grinning as she gave him a warning look, knowing that he knew she hated that.
"Just wait a second and I'll give you a pass." Sometimes she can be so cool.

After that the day went as normally as it could have. I went through the morning in a daze which made me strangely seem a bit more attentive in class than usual.
I ate lunch with Connor instead of the two loner girls who didn't happen to know anyone in there lunch that I sat with normally. A lot of people came up to Connor with whispers that I couldn't quite catch that made him blush and high fives. I understood one and didn't really like what I heard

This one black guy (excuse my racism) I'd never seen before who was dressed like a gangsta' came up to Connor and they whispered until I think they forgot I was there, then they got louder.
"Hey you getting some?"  The soon-to-be-dead guy asked.
"Huh..." Connor said, so cute in his misunderstanding.
"You know..." He made some motions with his hands that I didn't catch.
"What? No it's not like that."
"How can you not man? I mean that ass is fine."
"For a white chick." He added quickly.
"God, piss off man I said it's not like that? Connor stood up. I couldn't believe what was happening. Before now it had been like watching a movie but now I had to do something.

I stood up too, which didn't really help because they both tower over me. I think they both realized I was there then because they both started apologizing and I must have looked really mad because neither moved so I let it out.

I punched the gangsta' wannabe in the face which was quickly followed with a kick in the groin from Connor. Everyone in the cafeteria was watching as I beat that guy up with all I had.

I remember Connor grabbing me by the waist while I tried to get one last kick at the guy on the ground. He dragged me until I was lifted off the ground and was carried, kicking and screaming obscenities, to Mrs. Harlett's room.

***

         I got the whole “inappropriate” speech again and that I shouldn’t fight because it is not lady- like. The one bad thing about Mrs. Harlett is that sometimes I think she wants us all to be the same with no individuality- that’s why I don’t listen.

         So I guess now would be a good time to explain things to the few of you out there who are a bit slow, or the few that have been paying close attention to realize I’ve hardly given any hints about what my life’s like. Ok I’ll start at the beginning…
© Copyright 2007 evelyn018 (cowzrule018 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274302-Edge