*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274414-Storm-Gray-Eyes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1274414
She slipped into the water and felt it close in over her head...
She slipped into the water and felt it close in over her head. The pressure was intense and it dragged her down, ever deeper, bubbles rising from her open mouth and from her nose, rising to the dark surface where the moon gleamed bitterly down on her, her hair a tangle around her finger, reaching up into that impossible distance to life and air and existence.

Sixteen years old and a prank gone horribly wrong. Riding in her father's boat with a boy's arms around her, and then he had playfully begun to rock the boat. Now she sank deeper and deeper into the cold, feeling its fingers clutch around her heart, teasing her, telling her to breathe in, to feel the water fill her lungs and embrace her as a lover-- her last and perfect breath into the lifeless sea.

The pressure in her lungs grew, steady and roaring as s drumbeat through her pulse. She fought the compulsion, then gave in, gasping in the water, letting it fill her... succumbing... becoming one with it, allowing it to take her.

© Copyright 2007 issylthesthlia (issylthesthlia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274414-Storm-Gray-Eyes