*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274609-Pauper-in-the-Palace
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Fiction · Fantasy · #1274609
The beginning.
         
Happily ever after.
The end.
Then?
Whatever happen after the end? Well let me tell you what had happened after many years passed by.
All the fairy tales you read about mostly end with the princess marrying the prince. Except for Cinderella who was not a princess in the first place. Well, she was a lucky girl. Her granddaughter, the Queen Charming was my grandmother best friend. So you see, now I was the fifth generation.
My grandmother, granddaughter of Princess Aurora Phillips. Yes, the sleeping beauty, Aurora. She was long ago had became queen. She had two daughters. The younger being my great-grandmother. The older one take the crown, while great-grandmother moved out of the palace. She married some Duke of D'Madrie, a town near by, and lived happily ever after.
After a couple of years, grandmother was born. At age seven, the policy for schools changed. Girls were then allowed to go to school. It was just sad. Fairy Tale land, yes, it was real, South-West of South America, was so ancient and did not participate with rest of the World. So grandmother was sent to school far away from home. The journey took 4 whole days by carriage.
The school was the shape of a crown, with many facilities. It smelled of roses in the winter and berries in the summer. How did i know? Well, I was sent there too. Actually, I was still schooling there. Fairy Tale First Female Education Enrichment Tower, or FFET for short. It used to be FTFFEET, but it was just too long and stupid. FFET or FEET as i like to called it, was the perfect place for all princesses, dutches, ladies and sort to be before the were release into the world. The royalty and famous, plus those who actually had money to send the precious daughters there. Basically, those were the ones you would find in FEET.
Back to grandmother. So FEET was the place where she met with Ella, Cinderella's granddaughter. Typical name naming your ganddaughter after yourself, it's so cliche. Anyway, grandmother and Ella first encountered each other in homeroom. As grandmother always told me for the hundredth time, "I walked into the room. Aware of the twenty pairs of eyes staring at me. The teacher, what was her name? Oh, right Lady Shorey. She told me to sit. I looked around and the only empty seat left was beside Ella.
"I took my placed and she told me that i had a nice coat. Well, I smiled. Best Friends ever since," she ended with a sweet smile on her face.
Grandmother loved to tell stories, that was why i knew so much about the kingdom and stuff.
Anyway, after they graduated, Ella went back to her palace and grandmother took over her father's title as the Dutches of D'Madrie. She got married and had mum. Then mum was sent to school and she came back years later engaged to some decendant of Rome. It lasted for ten years before mum found dad and got married. Grandmother did not approved of the Rome Boy. So when mum found dad, she made sure they tied the knot as soon as possible.
Soon after, i was born.
© Copyright 2007 Fantasy (redblue8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1274609-Pauper-in-the-Palace