*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1278421-IntroApprentice
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1278421
This is the first chapter of my new story please read and respond. It's about a witch.
              I pushed my glasses down on my nose. A red lock separated itself from my hair band and hit my cheek. This was very hard work. I felt the sweat beginning to appear on my forehead. The gremlins bounced around as I tried to lift a rock with my mind. They shrieked and pointed their blue fingers at me.
            Angrily, I stuck my tongue out at them and lost my concentration. The rock fell and the Gremlins attacked.
            "That was terrible," the tall man beside me whispered as he stopped the Gremlins with the wave of his hand. I stared at him. How I hated that face. It was full of enmity the creatures, this house, the world, and of course me. His eyes were black and cold just like his heart. Coolly, he patted his jet-black hair. I noticed the excessive amounts of gel dripping from his rough hand. He was handsome, very handsome. But, he was Evil. He was trying to make me Evil, too. I had Magic and no family. He found me on the street and told me to come with him. He told me he had food. Of course, I went with him. I regretted my choice as soon as I came to his house.
            Grek is the housekeeper of Darkfurl Manor. She's the only one who was nice to me in the whole five-floor, eighty-room house. She heard my cry of pain when He hit me and she rushed into the room.
            "Oh my!" Grek cried when she saw me sprawled on the floor. "What happened?"
            I didn't answer, I just stared at her and rubbed my chest where his swirl of Magic had hit me.
            He did answer, "I was just teaching this imbecile here how to fight off a pack of gremlins. She deserved her punishment.
            "Sir," Grek argued. She was the only one in the whole household who was brave enough to dispute with Him. "I do not think you should use corporal punishment against your student. You are too rough on the poor girl. She is only eleven."
            "You are not here to think," he said. "You are a servant, I pay you to take care of the house. Go do your task."
            "She's going to become a great witch one day, mark my word," Grek said. She conjured a cup of water. “Here you go, dear." She handed it to me.
            The cold drink ran down my throat. It was a relief after the hard training and the sharp stab of pain that still existed in my chest. "Thank you, Grek," I whispered.
            "You're a good girl," she told me and left.
© Copyright 2007 Randi Chafeline (r4nd0m at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1278421-IntroApprentice