*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279206-Someday
Rated: E · Prose · Biographical · #1279206
I like this girl, see...
I'm not lieing when I say this. She has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen in my short tenure here on Earth. Her hair is as golden and as soft as the sky on a clear evening with the sunset. She walks like a queen and dances like a fool. And that smile. Oh, that smile. It seems as if it were meant for me, sometimes. She hides when she laughs and comes out when she cries. She loves lemonade, though I have never seen her drink any. She smokes, but who cares. She text messages way too much, but who cares. She loves pink, as would any girl, and she adores flowers. And that smile. Oh, that smile. I met this girl 2 weeks or so ago, and I have had the grace and honor to spend each day since with her. I like her. I struggle with the notion that she loves being alone. She just ended a relationship, of course she loves being alone. Who wouldn't? She asked me out on a date once. It never happened. It's ok, I guess. I understand. I love being her friend. Sometimes I wish certain feelings were reciprocated. But it's ok, I guess. I like her. I enjoy making her laugh and making her smile. That's all I can do now. She hates love, all because of one boy. I understand, I suppose. Life doesn't end for one person, though. We keep on. We close that chapter of the book and go on to the next. But that chapter will always be there, you see. We can always look back on it and laugh. Or cry. Or whatever. But it's ok, I guess. I like her. So does everyone else. Ha. I told her so. With me, though, I think it's different. Everyone else made it blantantly obvious that they want her. Wrote songs for her, flirted....a lot. But me? She knows I like her. And I know where she's at right now. She doesn't want anything. I don't blame her. But it sucks, sometimes. But it's ok, I guess. The only thing I can do is be there for her when she needs me. The only thing I can do now is make her smile as much as possible. I don't know if I'm doing it ok. But I'm trying. All I can do is bring her A yogurt when she needs it. All I can do is talk to her in the early hours of the morning if she's upset. All I can do is dance in parking lots with her, sipping coffee and listening to music. All I can do, for now, is try my best to make her happy. And who knows. Maybe someday...That smile. Oh, that smile. All I can do now, is wait. And all I will do, for now, is hope.
© Copyright 2007 Ryan Patrick (blindtwist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279206-Someday