*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279904-To-Dream
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1279904
comic story,action adventure
To Dream


He sits on the edge of the building as the night grows colder he awaits the coming of the men and he knows they will be coming for the woman he can smell there fear for miles away and he knows it will be soon since the stench is getting closer. Why do these men want her he thinks to himself who is she?

Perhaps he should take a closer look and so with this thought he does as he finds her window near the top floor he hangs upside down outside her window and presses his ears to the window which are razor sharp like his sight and smell he hears the woman talking on the phone and saying "They have tried to hurt me and I am afraid what can I do? but it seems she gets no answer as she hangs up the phone her head lowers and she begins to cry.

This is something he remembers sadness he thinks to himself like that awful night when he came back and found them all in the street Dead why he wondered and who did it he has never found out in all these years,His Father and Mother and Brother all gone it should have been him as well perhaps it would have been better if he had been taken to.

The Hurt runs to deep for him and he cant concentrate on the memory any more and now he he Smells them they are hear they don't waste any time crashing through the door no knock no nothing just splinters.

"Find Her but she is nowhere to be found as just before they entered she went and hid in the bathroom but she knew her time was short before they found her so out the window she went and onto the ledge but this is a cold and slippery night and her shoes are not made for being out a ledge she slips and like a Winged Avenger he swoops to catch her

Ohhh she screams but then what she feels is warm feeling a feeling like she is safe she wraps her arms around him and says thank you I am so tired of running and in that moment she sleeps he carries her in his arms and now rides the Wind currents to bring her to safe place his place in this place he can do one thing they can never take away from them and for tonight both of them will do this one very innocent thing they will Dream.
© Copyright 2007 publishmystories (mightydw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279904-To-Dream