*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1280698-Our-BodyThe-Machine
by dollar
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1280698
Our body is rarely ever used to it's full potential.
We have all turned our bodies into weak substitutes of the original.
I bet before heating for our homes, aspirin, paracetomol and thermal clothing were invented- people would have been so much more resistant to illness.
Nowadays, a person walking from their cosy office to their car in 30 seconds of rain can come down with a fever.Then a week off work to recover.
Any little ailment we have can virtually be neutralised instantly, with any one of a hundred drugs available a stones throw away from our home.
If the heating in our home breaks down then our world lies in ruins.
How will we survive a November night with no heat?
It is of no consequence to us that we still have a roof over our head, insulated walls, two wardrobes packed with clothes and enough bed linen to drape the whole town block in.
We are hardly going to die overnight.....are we?
Thats sadly how society currently reacts.We do everything in our power to guard ourselves against the naturally ocurring elements of life.
We choke ourselves with tablets, down gallons of medicine and waste time and money on futile therapies.
And all the while we have a body and mind which will deal with all these things far more effectively.....if we only gave it the chance.
© Copyright 2007 dollar (ketch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1280698-Our-BodyThe-Machine