*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281847-Delicate-As-Diamonds
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1281847
A fairy story
Delicate As Diamonds


Chapter One

          One day a little girl walked through the woods in a small, rural English town.That day, she saw something that would change her life forever. She was walking down a cobblestone path, when she saw a flicker out of the corner of her eye. At first she thought her eyes were playing tricks. But, she saw it again.
         "Hello, reveal yourself please," she stuttered. Only silence followed. Instead of someone answering, she saw three more flickers that were like blinking Christmas lights. 'What could it be,' she thought to herself? Her thoughts were soon answered. A voice that seemed to come from her own head, was what started the journey.
         The voice said; "Look down, Abagail." She didn't even stop to think. Her head dropped like a rag doll's. What she saw made her gasp in shock. She Abagail Maloney, was standing in the middle of a fairy circle. This was almost the same as standing in front of a bull's eye. She tried to lift her foot and hop out, but it was stuck down.
         Abagail did not know what to do. She prayed that no harm would come to her. As was expected, those flickers of light were fairies.Mad Fairies
Chapter Two

         "Please don't hurt me," Abagail cried like a lost puppy. Instead of listening to her the fairies started magically making her go through the ground. "OHHH, NOO," she sobbed. A pure blessing in disguise came to her next. A little sprite flew by her face.
         "Don't worry little girl, it's just Queen Marelda that wants to see you," the sprite said in a reassuring voice.
         A little pixie popped out of nowhere and said; "She is a very good queen, she will not harm you in any way."
         At the mention of their queen, all the creatures said in unison;"All hail the queen."
         'Who is this Queen,' Abagail wondered? She would soon find out. After what seemed like forever she finally got through the thick ground. She dropped down into what appeared to be an underground palace. Before she could properly look around she was being led through the great hall to the Queen.
Chapter Three

         As Abagail was walking, mixtures of thoughts were flying like humming birds in her tiny head. 'Will the Queen hurt me,' she thought? The little voice in her head reminded her of the pixie. No she hopefully wouldn't be harmed. Her next thought would be answered in a short amount of time. 'What does she look like?' The other thoughts were around the same topics.
         The walking trip soon came to a stop. She was led up a short flight of stairs to the Queen's throne. Like in most royal courts, the arrival of Royalty required a majestic trumpet fanfare. A little fairy announced;"Presenting Her Majesty Queen Marelda." The Queen's appearence made Abagail stare like she just saw her favorite thing.
         Abagail wondered how such a little thing could be such a great ruler. Her throne was extremely out of proportion to her minute body. It was her voice that made Abagail suprised the most. Marelda had a very fierce and strong voice like an elephant. Abagail practically cowered in fright.
Chapter Four

         "Who are you child," Marelda questioned in a gruff voice? "What are you doing in my castle, you tresspasser," she barked? All around the throne room the guards snickered with amusement. By this time Abagail was about to bolt in fright. When Marelda saw the little girl's terrified face the lines in her face softened.
         "I'm sorry child, do not be afraid," she said in a comforting voice. "I'm Queen Marelda, I know everything about you," she informed Abagail in a calm and soothing manner. Marelda had a look of longing for the child on her face. Soon after that, all of Abagail's fright melted like icecream on a hot summer day.
         "Abagail darling come to Marelda," the Queen commanded in a soft voice. Marelda opened her tiny arms wide to the small child. Seeing that she wasn't moving she said again; "Come darling." The child slowly walked towards the majestic fairy.
         "Howww do you know my name," Abagail stammered in a questioning voice? Marelda let out a quiet chuckle.
         Marelda looked into the child's bright blue eyes, and said; "I know everything." She chuckled a second time, this time a bit louder. Abagail just gazed at the small but mezmerizing fairy.
Chapter Five

         When Marelda gestured to Abagail to sit on her lap, she was stunned. "Won't I crush you," she inquired? Marelda just shook her head. Abagail slowly dat on the tiny little fairy. She didn't even notice Abagails' weight.
         Once Abagail was seated, Marelda took off her cloak. The cloak was an aqua blue with sequins and embroidery. Marelda handed it to Abagail and said; "A cloak for my darling Abagail." She put it around her and fastened the gold clasp.
         "Thank you, madame," Abagail said with gratitude like a child recieving an award. The cloak was so magical, that it transformed from fairy size to Abagail's size.
         Marelda then announced to her people; "Let me introduce you to the new Fairy Princess." All of the fairy-folk were cheering on their new Princess like she was a celebrity. Marelda stopped the noise after a while in anticipation of what Abagail would say.
         "I'mmm not aa fairy," Abagail announced in confusion. Everybody just laughed.
         Marelda cleared everything up by saying; "You are now, look up at me." Abagail hadn't noticed that she now was the size of a fairy. Abagail looked up and gasped. She was now smaller than the Queen. What happened? She would know very soon!
© Copyright 2007 Jesnie Baketree (squareshrub at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281847-Delicate-As-Diamonds