*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1283687-The-Tragedy
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1283687
A story about the death of a young boy's father and how he copes.
The Tragedy


         As I sat in his office I tried my best not to look into those eyes. They were like peat bogs just urging to draw you in. It all started this morning when I learned of the tragedy. As I was walking to homeroom I got stopped by my guidance counselor. "I'm so sorry for your loss," she told me sounding all choked up. I was so confused.
         "What was she talking about," my best friend Lyle asked me?
         "I have no idea at all," I answered back. That was just the beginning.
         All morning I got looks of sympathy from everybody. Even, from my worst enemy Lance! It seems like I was the only one in confusion. I was the one being sympathized to. All I could think about was WHAT HAPPENED? When I got to chorus, Ms. Sylvie had everybody sing me a French mourning song. I finally just lost my temper. I immeaditly stormed into the hallway. I was like a tornado tearing up a town. I headed straight for Mr. Temptest's office.
         I finally let my self
© Copyright 2007 Jesnie Baketree (squareshrub at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1283687-The-Tragedy