*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282629-Falling-For-Draco-Malfoy-Chapter-1
by Lexi
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #1282629
1st chapter in Draco love story(read prologue first...)
“…on the way. And now, it is silver and silent, it is silver and cold. You, in somber resplendence, I hold….” My eyes fluttered open at the music; it was called Silver and Cold by my all time favorite muggle band, AFI. My pale hand reached over and slammed the snooze button on the radio alarm clock. My room was probably the most muggle related thing in the house…the only reason for that was because my father had been a muggle and I just loved all of the things muggles make without magic. I sighed as I stared at the room in front of me, it was huge and mostly empty, after six years of living with this family, and I still wasn’t used to how rich they were.
         A mass of blond hair came through the door. He was called Draco…but I like to call him Dragon Boy to get on his nerves about what his name means though he gets me back my calling me Nicky. He, of course, had just gotten up and was coming in to tell me to get up, so all he was wearing was his boxers and the dragon slippers that I had gotten him for Christmas. I still didn’t understand why he liked them; I had gotten them at a garage sale for fifty cents and I had gotten them to piss him off about being named Draco, so far as I know, he hasn’t gotten pissed yet and it has been two years. Draco was, if you haven’t guessed yet, the Malfoys’ son.
         “Get up, mum should have breakfast ready soon!” he said while yawning so the sentence ended up being really drawn out. My eyes glared and he smiled, this was our day to day routine but since he was going to Hogwarts this year, I was going to be free of that until June, I still wasn’t sure if I was going to the school because nothing had been sent saying anything about me and my mum had only been a squib, not any real kind of witch at all.
         “Okay then, Dragon Boy…” I said smiling, though inside I was laughing with hatred of him.
         “Whatever Nicky…” he replied then walked out so I could get dressed. When the door was shut all the way, I climbed out of the king size bed and made my way to the dresser. The large, white dresser was filled with lots of clothes that Narcissa has made me because she absolutely adores the idea of having a “daughter” and uses me to style her clothes. All the clothes that I wear are in the bottom part of the dresser or spread out around my room like in a closet or on the floor. I tossed my pajamas on the floor and then threw on a black, long-sleeved shirt. I got out the only dark jeans that are actually clean enough to be worn and pulled them on easily.  After that, I pulled on two socks that looked to be about the same color, and then walked over to the vanity.
         I stared at my reflection in the mirror for a few minutes before actually attempting to tame my wild black mass of hair. Twenty minutes passed and my hair finally looked descent enough to where I don’t look like a hobo. Then I put on my black eyeliner and then raced down the stairs, sliding half way, and then running the rest. I turned a corner and saw the kitchen; the first thing I noticed was that Lucius wasn’t there. I knew that Draco’s father worked a lot, but usually he was always there for breakfast. I saw Narcissa cooking in the kitchen and Draco at the table playing with the most expensive spoons you can probably imagine.
         The smell that hit my nose first was, of course, the food which was pancakes and turkey bacon. I then saw a letter that was opened on the table next to where Draco was sitting. I sighed and sat down in my usual spot next to him. My mood had gone from bad to worse in a matter of minutes. Narcissa finished with the turkey bacon and set the giant pile on the table for Draco and me to eat then she went back to the pancakes. Draco dropped the spoons on the table and took at least five pieces of bacon to put onto his plate, then he began to scarf them down his throat, I took a piece and began to nibble at it, still staring at the letter…I knew it was his letter for Hogwarts, arriving just on time, though I kept wanting to know if there was another one somewhere around the house.
         “Nicole, dear, we haven’t gotten any letters for you….sorry…” Narcissa explained my fear and I nodded sadly. I put the turkey bacon down on the plate then stood up, “What’s wrong, dear?” she asked me, but I just shook my head.
         “I’m not hungry.” I explained poorly then went back upstairs. My first surprise was that the window was open in my room when I got there. I frowned and went over to close it, only to get a loud, angry caw and a bunch of feathers in my face for it. I jumped back to see a small boreal owl on my window ceil. My eyes rolled and I went to lie on my bed. As soon as I hit the pillows, something dropped on my back. I rolled over and the thing fell onto the floor. I sighed and reached over to pick it up, it was a letter.
         The owl stood on the end of my bed, on top of the railing, laughing at me, I snarled at it but looked at the address.
Ms. N. Rochelle
The upstairs room on the left
7 Mockinghill Street
London
         I stared at the address for awhile before looking at the back. On the back, was a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake surrounding the large letter H. I couldn’t believe it, it was my letter from Hogwarts, and I was going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! I opened the letter to see what it said, and this is what I found:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

         Dear Ms. Rochelle,
                   We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
         Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. This owl will be yours because it is a trouble to us and it isn’t happy being cooped up here, you can name is what ever you want…
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

         I couldn’t believe it; I owned an owl and I was going to Hogwarts! I raced down the stairs and skidded into my chair. I grabbed a pancake and a few pieces of turkey bacon and then looked up at the others that were staring at me like I was insane. I just smiled and began to eat.
         
fast forward to train

         Trinity flew wildly around my head in circles making me dizzy if I looked up at her. Yes, I had named the owl Trinity…why, because I like the name and she seems to like it as well. I was walking down the aisle of the train, trying to find an empty compartment; it was taking a while, though it had only taken Draco a few seconds to find his friends and to sit down with them. I had no friends other than Draco and I knew I would just be annoying him if I sat with him so here I was searching for a compartment.
         I opened a door and there was a red haired boy who was stuffing his face with candy and then a black haired boy that seemed about the same age sitting across from the other, I sighed then asked them, “Do you mind if I sit here, I can’t seem to find another compartment…?” they both looked up at me and then nodded.
         “I’m Ron…” the red haired one introduced himself with a mouth full of food. I nodded then realized that he was probably one of the Weasley children that Lucius was always talking about…not kindly either, “Weasley…” he finished and I was satisfied so I sat down next to the black haired one.
         “My name is Harry…” he started to say but I ended up cutting him off.
         “Potter…yes, I know….you’re pretty famous, but I guess you have figured that out by now…” then I clasped my hand over my mouth, my voice had sounded snobbish and rude like the Malfoys’ voices when they were talking about lower wizards and witches. Had they finally rubbed off on me? Both of them were staring at me now with awkward looks and I felt ashamed so I got up and left the compartment to go find the trolley lady.
         
         I came back later and the boys were already changed and so was I, then the train stopped and I realized that we were finally at Hogwarts, the place I had been dreaming about for 11 years. I raced off of the train with Trinity soaring after me and heard a voice calling for first years to come with him. The guy was huge and I knew he had to be at least half of a giant, but apparently Harry knew him as Hagrid. I saw Draco’s group follow us onto the boats and then we sailed off. 

© Copyright 2007 Lexi (lexisandos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282629-Falling-For-Draco-Malfoy-Chapter-1