*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282913-Thank-you
Rated: E · Poetry · Military · #1282913
A thank you to my husband. Currently serving in Iraq.
How I say thank you...

I say thank you with a kiss. A smile when all I want to do is cry. A soft prayer every night.

I say thank you by hiding the fact that I'm crying when you call. Wearing your dog tags around my neck.

I say thank you by missing you so much it hurts. Being proud to call you my husband.

I say thank you by thinking of you constantly. Trying not to complain when you have to leave.

I say thank you by being strong. Knowing that our last hug could really be the last.

I say thank you by living without you, no matter how hard it is. Moving when they say we have to.

I say thank you by ignoring the alarm if it means 5 more minutes with you. By accepting that you have to leave.

I say thank you by washing uniforms at 2 in the morning. Listening to how hard your day was.

I say thank you by staying up however late I have to, just to get a chance to talk to you.

I say thank you by waking up every morning. Knowing you won't be with me for a long time.

I say thank you by sleeping on your side of the bed. Holding your pillow.

I say thank you by worrying about you. Waiting impatiently until you call, just to hear your voice.

Mostly though... I say thank you by loving you with every single part of me. Loving you more and more everyday.
© Copyright 2007 Stephanie L. Long (slong1120 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282913-Thank-you