*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282915-I-miss-those-days
Rated: E · Poetry · Friendship · #1282915
A poem for my best friend. About the days when life was easy.
What happened to the days when life was simple? All we had to do was go to school and the rest of the day was ours.

What happened to the days when $10 got us almost a full tank of gas? When cruising around was the coolest thing ever cause we could go where we wanted.

What happened to the days when we had a curfew? When we still stayed out til 3am just cause we could get away with it.

What happened to the days when we didn't care what people thought? When we could rock out in the car and laugh cause people looked at us like we were crazy.

What happened to the days when we would go to the beach for no reason? When we could watch the waves for hours on end and not even realize a minute had gone by.

What happened to the days when dumb jokes were in? When we could laugh at the lamest things and no one would care cause we were young.

What happened to our lives? Our goals changed. Our priorities changed. Nothing ever stays the same. I miss the way we were. I miss the adventures. I miss the laughs. I miss the dumb stuff. I miss the silliness. I miss it all.

I wish time didn't dull our memories. I wish life didn't make us forget who we were. Who we wanted to be. Mostly I wish we could have stayed 17 forever.
© Copyright 2007 Stephanie L. Long (slong1120 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282915-I-miss-those-days