*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284567-All-I-Have-is-Memories-of-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Junior
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1284567
A love story.
He was standing on the streets of this town.

The sidewalk was cracked and green grass was showing it’s way through the paradise of pavement, the only life people knew.

The sky was blue and filled with fluffy bleach white clouds. The kind of clouds that remind you of your childhood. The times when you would lay on the itchy green grass, the warm summer air brushing your face, making the clouds move. You would point out to your best friend at a cloud slowly passing by, trying to depict the masses of fluffiness that would fly through your line of vision.

You would lay there content with yourself and the world around you for hours.

The brick buildings around him were growing older every minute, showing what they’ve endured and waiting for death all at the same time. This was a small town that he hadn’t seen for over ten years. It had been too long. He missed those people that would say Hello while walking down the sidewalks in no hurry to end there own lovely lives full of happiness and sorrow.

Out of the corner of his deep brown eyes he saw her walking down the streets in a hurry to get to wherever it was she was to go.

He took in that sight of her walking. Her shoulder length blonde hair flying through the air. Her wardrobe was simple, tight fitting blue jeans and a pink t-shirt that hugged her waist in the most flattering way. He could still smell her perfume even though it had been ten years ago. She was the reason he had left, Melissa was the reason he had change so much. He became successful, sure, but she had broken his heart before he left for college, so he never came back.

He didn’t believe feeling that deep scar again would be an emotion he’d want to feel again.

***

Graduation, Melissa cupped his face in her soft smooth hands. His brown hair was messy, but not too long. His brown eyes were overflowing with extreme happiness.

She whispered in his ear “Jason I can’t take this. I can’t love you anymore. Leave me, I’ll leave you.”

She hugged him and smiled into his deep brown heartbroken eyes and walked away leaving him with this painful memory.

***

He took a deep breath full of the clean cool air that surrounded him.

He knew he would never hear her pretty angel voice again. He knew he’d never be able to take away her pain and fear. He’d never be able to kiss those soft lips that formed into so many smiles.

He knew all he’d ever have was memories of love.
© Copyright 2007 Junior (rock_ur_self at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284567-All-I-Have-is-Memories-of-Love