*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285496-Acceptance-of-self
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1285496
Just a short self help blurb
Acceptance of self



How many times have you been surprised to hear someone disagree with your perception of how you look?

(You) "This looks horrible on me huh?"

(The other person) “Heck no! In fact I think that color blue is very complimentary with your light skin, just my opinion though. "



Now all of the sudden 2000 voices go off in your head. All the voices of the people who have said that very same or very similar thing to you, over your lifetime. You decide to look in the mirror again…this time you open up your mind to the possibilities.


And there before you in the mirror you see someone you can't believe is you. Finally you see that that shade of blue or any shade of blue for that matter REALLY does look great on you.


RevaFreakingLation!


All this time you never saw that and now…you have a whole new view of blue on you!


That is self acceptance. Just one minor instance of it but to us it's like the clouds parting and a beam of wonderful light shining down on us. From now on we can BUY BLUE AND KNOW WE LOOK GOOD WEARING IT TOO!


Nothing in life is free though. We have stumbled upon a great attribute but with that come our desperate need to have the strength to hold it, embrace it and keep it because little do we know …Miss Positivism Jack-er sees all and is not at all pleased with this newfound positive energy.


Allow me to introduce to you a very cunning, very evil, and very sneaky part of your mind that wants to make sure that at all times you accompany her in her misery. Meet Miss Positivism Jack-er. Her favorite way to keep you down is through her favorite past time…performing mental masturbation on any and all positive vibes you acquire.

She starts off by slowly reminding you of all those beautiful blue outfits you didn't buy because you thought they looked horrible on you. Then all the times you wore other colors to the most important events of your life, and in doing so you probably, undoubtedly missed out on making the right impression on the right person and how all of this has lead to your crap for life that you are left with now so why the hell bother with looking good now. And low and behold….you have now spunked out all that was good from that incredible finding…and feel even worse than when you did before.


So the moral of this short story is….Knowing that Miss Positivism Jack-er exists, can give you a huge jump on beating her at her game. If there is anyone in your whole entire life you should tell these favorite little words to…"See Ya!" That would be her.


In Mexican comics sometimes you see cartoons that in a single cell with a graphic with out the little balloons with words. The graphic tells all. And under it reads…"Sin Palabras"

Or "without words"


More on self acceptance later…My A.D.D. calls….and that is A OK! It's just a part of me…awesomely dysfunctional, twisted lil me. And today….I ROCK! And so should you.
© Copyright 2007 futuresuccessstory (charlena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285496-Acceptance-of-self