*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285524-My-Short-Shots-entry
Rated: · Other · Fantasy · #1285524
My entry "message in a bottle by Char"
Walking through the gift shop while on my break at the pier, looking at all the beautiful souvenirs... I can’t help but be completely taken in by one little item in particular.
WOW! This is the most awesome creation I’ve ever seen!
It was a small clear glass bottle with a rolled up piece of white paper in it, tied with a pretty lavender silk ribbon.
The reason I was so taken in by this novelty was because as a young girl I remember reading stories with “Messages in a bottle”. They always seemed very captivating.
So needless to say, I purchased it and couldn’t wait to get it home!
After work I was really feeling stressed and had planned to go for a relaxing swim in the pool when I got home.
Boy what a day!
I get home finally. I get out of the car and almost forgot my neat bottle! I reach in the car grab it and head straight to the pools dressing room to change.
As I get close to the pool area an idea hits me! I’m going to place my bottle in the pool and watch it float around. And day dream about all the stories I read as a kid.
I LOVED day dreaming as a kid…but as an adult I find it the most relaxing exercise I can find after a stressful day.
I lean down and gently place the bottle in the water... The light from the sunset starts to glimmer through the glass causing a shimmering light show.
I hurry off to change. When I get back to the poolside I get comfy in my floating lounge.
I make little waves with my hands to make the bottle move all over the pool. Slowly as I start to relax…I close my eyes and begin to plan what to write on my note to put in the bottle…suddenly I am startled by a small splash in the water.
I open my eyes to see what it was and there was nothing that could have made such a noise. I look around to try and figure out what it was and I notice that my bottle is gone! But even more strange is that there is another one in its place! I know it’s different because this one has a blue ribbon around the paper inside!
Dare I open it?? What could it say?

403 words
© Copyright 2007 futuresuccessstory (charlena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285524-My-Short-Shots-entry