*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1287332-In-the-event-of-a-Ceeeeg-sighting
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ceeeeg
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Personal · #1287332
A short guidebook to positive and proactive interaction
Should you encounter Ceeeeg, do not be alarmed. Simply do one of the following and all will be well:

1. Give her something deep and insightful to read. This will quiet the incessant voices of stories yet untold that ramble about in her head, crying out for liberation and will give you access to her surprising abilities as a proofreader/editor.

2. Engage in her thoughtful conversation about nearly anything; excite her desire to read and write, to discuss and debate. Prepare to be overwhelmed by her range and her depth of curiosity and understanding, and to devote untold amounts of time to the pursuit of stimulating one's gray matter.

OR

3. Live dangerously and take her under your wing. Help her to access those untold stories screaming for release, give her the keys to her own literary kingdom....help set her free.

For, you see, the haggard, bag lady appearance, the seeming disconnection and odd ramblings, they are only the trappings foisted upon her by a life spent spending her life for the good of others. In being Someone's wife and Someone Else's mother, Someone's daughter and Someone's friend, she has lost Herself.

Perhaps she fears to let her stories go free, that she might find herself truly alone then, the resulting silence too ponderous to bear in a world where she has already become too intimately acquainted with abandonment and loss. But to keep them captive is to resign herself to her own, not-so-gilded cage, a cage against whose bars she has lately taken to throwing herself again, as she used to do in her youth, when she still had the strength and spirit to fight for freedom.

Is what she suffers from what the professionals often refer to as a midlife crisis? Perhaps. Or perhaps it is as simple as this: through her life of sadness and sacrifice, she has finally filled up that old streamer trunk of experience and now, faced with the downhill side of the journey, she is perfectally poised to dispense her hard-won wisdom to whomever might be struggling to find their own keys to freedom. All she need do is discover her Voice and set Herself free.

Any small kindness shown her that will help her in her attempts to free Herself will be met with humble and sincere gratitude and a genuine willingness to be of service in any way that might seem beneficial to her benefactors.

© Copyright 2007 Ceeeeg (ceeeeg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1287332-In-the-event-of-a-Ceeeeg-sighting