*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290632-Moments-of-Happiness
by Arash
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Family · #1290632
I FINALLY GAVE UP AND EDITED THIS....It's about the most delightful moments of my life.
Is this funny to you? Please if you do any reviews, write about the humour too.


Moments of Happiness


         I almost regularly think of some happy moments that I had in my life. I came to Canada in the beginning of ninth grade; subsequently, I went through immense changes in terms of personality that I can hardly imagine myself undergoing those circumstances again. However, I think by mentioning and writing a couple I can somewhat engrave them somewhere, so that when I forget them, they will not be extinct.

         We are a Persian family that has almost seen every province in Iran. My mother’s adventurous spirit arose when I was in sixth grade. She planned a journey that went through six provinces in the country. Additionally, in the middle of journey, we mindlessly decided to visit two islands that led to being up until 5:00 am since it was nearly impossible to slumber peacefully in the ship that was constantly bobbing. In this journey, we had company of two of my aunts and my uncle in addition to my grandmother. My older buoyant aunt almost laughs at everything. Even when she collapses, she stands up and giggles. The laughter is contagious, at least to my younger aunt and me. My grandmother is not naturally clumsy, but I think, in that trip, when she collapsed  for the first time, following by a half an hour laughter by me and my aunts, she completely lost her confidence and balance. For the rest of the trip, she was subjected to these giggles.  On the contrary, my dad interpreted the laughter as irreverence, and I could see the irritation on his face. We exchanged people in the cars and me and my aunts sat together to have fun. Eventually, my dad burst and yelled at me. I am used to my dad’s spontaneous attitude and I did not feel embarrassed, yet I could not keep on laughing; consequently, the laughter turned into chuckle that was even more exasperating. He wanted me to have fun, so he swallowed the irritation and avoided us in front of my grandma. This way she could not feel the disrespect, and I could enjoy the laughter. Laugh a lot. It relieves your soul. As examples, I want to mention my grandma’s epic actions.

         Both the ships we embarked on had no facility for cars, so we had to use the public transportation system in the islands. In the first one, we were stuck in a mall because the weather was stifling and the bus was not arriving. My grandma sat outside to tell us when the bus arrives. The bus got there, but while she was running to tell us, she did not see the glass door of the mall and walked in it.

         Once again, we were stuck in some hideous traffic jam in a parking lot and she went out of the car to check if there was a way we could get out of that chaos. She walked backwards to have a better sight. Suddenly, she disappeared in front us. She had fallen into a hollow spot on the ground that was not visible in the dark. She was fine and nothing serious happened.

         Now, you might think we are mean, but I love my grandma and I apologized at the end for those giggles that were somewhat rude. She is a sophisticated woman who raised four successful children.

         I grew up beside two best friends who I almost saw ever day. They were my cousins and went to a different school. That is what makes those daily visits demonstrate how close we were. I had the most delightful moments of my life beside them. I thought we were going to be friends forever, but fate changed everything. They moved to US in sixth grade. When I cam to Canada, they came here to visit me. I do not think there was any other intension that drove them here because there is no one else at their age except for me. I exuberantly waited, but everything had changed. Their personalities and interests were so different I could not find a subject to talk about. Finally, I gave up and accepted my fate. These are sorrowful.

         The two friends who I mentioned about are siblings, a boy and a girl. Hamid, the boy, is considered a highly imaginative character to me. He is considered the extraordinary author of Poopy Song that parts of it go like this “…I push and push and push, but it won’t come out…”. One of his jokes made his sister and me to laugh for a half an hour. We were seven or eight at that time. As a result, it might not seem funny to people now. However, I am going to mention it. Just imagine an elephant farting in a room that has no way out, neither any window, nor any door, jam-packed with people. Can you just see the talent overflowing him? The creativity is astonishing.

         Now, my happy moments include the time I spend with my best friend Catherine or exchange correspondence with the nice people like Patrice, Tornado, Ally, etc that are members in this educational, lovely, motivating, fun, etc web site. Friendship is the most beautiful element in human life.

         I have had so many happy times in my life. I gave life enough and I am receiving enough too. To me, life has been always fair, but there are always moments you can never forget. Times when the joy is so intense, you feel every part of your body laughing with delight.

THE END

© Copyright 2007 Arash (anavidreader at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290632-Moments-of-Happiness