*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291672-Stained-Glass
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Relationship · #1291672
You had better be a good juggler if my hearts in the air
Whoa oh, I’ll never go through this again
Whoa oh, The futile passing of a friend
And don’t you know, that this stained glass window never looked so pale
As on that night you left me here to drown in this pool of lust and decay

And everything is lost, and everything is gone, and everything gives the moon an eerie tingle as it slides down your throat to the next uninhabited solar system. Did that taste like cheese or steel? I can never tell...

Paint it all black, then rip it down, and paint it all black again, just to make sure that you are in fact sure that this is all you’ve ever wanted, but more importantly all you could never live without.

Take a hint from the sun and juggle your friends like mismatched planets. Who cares if one explodes and disappears on occasion, just so long as you are safe behind your fiery walls of deception, and you’re synthetic grins.

Take off what’s left of your dignity and leave it on the floor, right next to your hopes and aspirations. The maid we so lovingly refer to as failure will be around any minute to get them, so don’t worry, they won’t clutter your path to nowhere long.

Somewhere someone’s walking around a room wondering what their life is good for, wondering what good it will do to keep living. My legs got tired, so I decided to write those same thoughts, but I know someone has picked up this shift of contemplation.

I better figure it out, or I better figure you out, you could just explain It to me, but I think you’re to busy on your pulpit. It’s amazing that you could get up there after all the time you’ve spent screwing everyone and everything. I thought your feet might be sore after walking all over my heart, I think I saw it next to your hopes, but I can never remember where I left it last.

Anyways, you probably shouldn’t be turning your back to the heavens. Even if you have already turned your back on me. And even if I do soak my conscience in bleach, I doubt I could ever get my hands clean.

Oh, and by the way, if ever you get a chance to fix that hole in your head, the stained glass window has a little blood on it, and I can barely see the sun from this pool.
© Copyright 2007 GenuineDOC (mgdellinger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291672-Stained-Glass