*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292250-Hey-Ruth
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Relationship · #1292250
Where did you leave it?
Hey Ruth, where did you leave your eyes?

  She said, "In a place where they can't see my own thoughts, nor the darkness that surrounds me..."


Hey Ruth, where did you leave your ears?

    She said, "I buried them away from over processed, untalented, porn soundtracks that were blaring from the radio..."


Hey Ruth, where did you leave your teeth?

  She said, "I gave them to a man who was too fat to lift his head, and too lazy to chew his own food. His name was mankind..."


Hey Ruth, where did you leave your nose?

    She said, "It melted away under the gaze of 3 million hypocritical eyes, I think two were my own..."


Hey Ruth, where did you leave your neck?

    She said, "I stuck it out for hundreds of friends, and now it's left in the cold, slowly freezing away..."


Hey Ruth, where did you leave your hands?

    She said, "They first bled from the cuts that my hopes and dreams left as they slipped through my fingers. Then they wore away like stone under water as I desperately tried to pick up the pieces of my life..."


Hey Ruth, where did you leave your feet?

    She said, "I gave them to my lover to follow his dreams, little did i know that he'd use them to run away from me..."


Hey Ruth, where did you leave your body?

    She said, "Somewhere between my goals and my failures, it peeled off like a snakes back when it got to heavy to bear..." 


Hey Ruth, where did you leave your heart?

    She said, "It's crushed beneath thousands of misleading grins and deceiving winks. Behind the curtain i drew to hide my feelings, and underneath the mattress that covers my love..."


Hey Ruth, Where did you leave your life?

  She said, "I feel that I never had one..."   
© Copyright 2007 GenuineDOC (mgdellinger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292250-Hey-Ruth