*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292865-Sunlight-in-Darkness
Rated: E · Prose · Writing · #1292865
My view on the beauty of creation, and how the chaos of the world has distracted us.
Sunlight in Darkness

A beautiful thing, it is, the way sunlight pierces the infinite shroud of darkness in the morning. One could fail to notice such a beautiful sight in this hyper-technological world. Amidst the systematic chaos that is our planet, few natural beauties are remembered to be observed. In a large city, skyscrapers tower, imposing their individual statures as if in competition with one another. Car horns blare, trying to one-up each other to become the victorious and most prevalent cacophony, drowning out the beautiful melodies that the birds in the trees are singing.

With all of these distractions, anyone could be forgiven for not realizing that there is more to this Earth than what man has created.

I am not trying to convince anyone to be more environmentally aware, nor am I a tree-hugging enthusiast. I simply want to remind you that there is a whole universe out there, one that is just waiting to be explored. We in our finite bodies cannot begin to comprehend the natural wonders and creation of our own Almighty Creator. But maybe, if we take the time every once in a while to glance up into the heavens and look at the stars, we might better understand our place in this world. It makes me feel a lot better to know that I am not the one who has to hold this world in my hands. But knowing that God Himself has fashioned each and every star and heavenly apparition in the sky; this alone gives me the reassurance that I need to keep pressing forward in this rollercoaster ride that is my life.

So if you're feeling lonely, sad, or depressed, look up into the sky at the stars at night and take in the masterpiece that God has created, just for you.
© Copyright 2007 ShadowRev (shadowrev at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292865-Sunlight-in-Darkness