*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1294606-A-Drastic-Effect-of-Being-Shy
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1294606
Think You Are Shy? Read This!
    Are there people in this world that are so shy they are too embarrassed to post an article online? Are there people that are so insecure that it would devastate them if their article were critiqued with bad responses? Are there actually people that shy and insecure? I'm here to say, yes, there are. How do I know? Because I am one of them.

    All of my life I have wanted to become a published writer. I had dreams of seeing my name on the cover of a book or under an article in a magazine. Except for school teachers no one has had the opportunity to read anything I've written, until now. Assignments that I've written for school have usually received high grades. So why am I so shy I won't let others see, and possibly, enjoy my work?

    From my earliest years I have been shy. There have been times when I've been so shy I couldn't even say my name when asked. Upon meeting someone, it usually takes me awhile to open to them. It's usually just a one-sided conversation. This has caused people to call me stuck-up, and worse. All because of my shyness and insecurity of what I thought others were going to think about me. Isn't that ridiculous? It is to me now, but that life was my actual reality. It hindered everything I did, not just writing. I was basically scared to do, or say anything that was going to be seen or heard by others.
   
    Through the years I have somewhat came out of my shell. Working as a waitress for many years has helped me accomplish this. See, you have to talk to customers and smile at them to make your tips and keep your job. At times the insecurity grabs hold of me and I start to feel those gripping feelings again, but I have taught myself ways to overcome and work through them. That just may be a different article altogether.

    I believe what I went through with my shyness and insecurity basically breaks down to                this:  I'm not a person that likes to judge or be judged. And for some reason I had it in my head that if someone were to dislike an article/story that I had written, they more or less disliked me. I am finally passed that point in my life and ready to start submitting my work to different places. I decided that not everyone is going to like my work, but not everyone is going to dislike it either. If I had realized that several years ago then maybe I would of been a famous author by now, who knows? And who is to say it's too late?

    If you have a problem with shyness and insecurities in your life just look around you. You are a person just like everyone else. You have the right to your opinion and choices. No one has the right to judge you or criticize you. Jump into your life and live it to the fullest, no matter who is looking at you!
© Copyright 2007 ChristyD (christyharts at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1294606-A-Drastic-Effect-of-Being-Shy