*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295829-Street-Racer-A-choose-your-way-book
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1295829
This is about a street racer that wants to be the best... play to find out!
Note: This is still a work in progress! It will be for quite some time! Please e-mail me ideas for new chapters at brianholtka@hotmail.com! Don't expect them all to make it though (or for me to even read them, my inbox is flooded as is!)! I will attempt to be as accurate as possible in my depiction of how cars stack up against each other, as well as any other depictions will be accurate according to the game Gran Turismo 4. Sound interesting? Then read on!

Street Racer

A Choose Your Way Book


Introduction

         This book is about a racer who wants to get to the top. There's only one problem: he doesn't have a car! So he sets off not knowing what he's going to do. Thus this story begins:

Chapter 1: What am I gonna do?


         Our racer-to-be walks up to the scene of the race, Infineon Speedway. This is it, he thinks to himself. But there's one single obstacle in his way.

         Guard: "Hey! This entrance is for racers only! You got a car?"

         You: "Uhhh, no."

         Guard: "Then get the hell outta here kid! This is where the real racers come to play! You want in? You need a car."

          You: "I know. That's why I came. I want in on the action!"

          Guard: "What?!! You thought we'd just give you a car to race with?"

          You: "Uhhh, yeah, I guess."

          Guard: "Get outta here, kid! Make way for real racers!"

          You: "Ugggggh.. Alright."

          You walk away in disgust. But someone stops you before you get to the phone to call the bus.

          Mystery Lady: "I saw what happened back there. I can help. You want in on the Pro Street circuit? You don't just get in by asking. You actually have to be certified!

          A twenty something lady walks up to you and starts guiding you to her car.

          You: "So what now? How can you help me?"

          Mystery Lady: "Come with me. I'll show you what I mean."

          She escorts you to... a beautiful Honda NSX?

          You: "That's your car?"

          Mystery Lady: "Yup! But I don't use it for racing. I'm S license certified. Which means I can teach you how to drive one of these. And a lot better."

          You: "Even a Ferrari?"

          Mystery Lady: "Well, actually, the lots our racers shop at generally don't have Ferraris, but I could teach you how to drive a Ford GT, in time."

          You: "A Ford GT? Awesome! How long before I would be doing that?"

          Mystery Lady: "Well, let me think. Okay, it like this: the short of it is that there are five license classes: B, A, international B, International A, and Super. Like I said, I'm Super licensed, so I can teach you any of those, even Super. And in order to pass these license tests, you've got to go through a rigorous amount of training in order to complete each license. For example, proper braking is the first thing you'll learn, since that's essential to making turns. After a 100 and 200 meter braking lessons, you'll get a couple of lessons on proper turning. We have gold level, silver level, and bronze level medals for each license. Which one you get for each license depends on how many individual lesson medals you get. But I'm getting ahead of myself. You'll learn these things as you go. And don't expect me to give any tips after the lesson's begun. I may coax you the right way, but you need to learn for yourself, otherwise you're missing the point of the exercise. And you don't get the medal."

          You: "That's not a very short explanation!"

          Mystery Lady: "I'm not the best speech maker. By the way, name's Rachael."

          You: "Nice to meet you, I'm (insert your name here)."

          Rachael: "Well, then. Since we know a little about each other, we're here. Here's the Racing Academy."

          You: "Wow, that was quick!"

MORE COMING SOON! (hey, a guy's gotta have a life!) Besides, I need to finish my car list in order to determine the choices for first car! All I know at this point is its going to be difficult to choose from with 100+ cars available in the car lot at least 54 available for under 10,000 credits in the game!

UPDATE!: I finally finished the car list itself for GT4; now I need the car data itself provided from the specs on the buy dialogue when you purchase a car in Gran Turismo mode. I'm hoping it won't take months, but it might just. Anyhow, by the time I've gotten to the point where the character has done his first cup and gets the choice to buy a new car or not, I'll likely have finished it anyhow- presuming I keep up the work on a regular basis. After all, I have a little spare time on my hands every now and then, when I don't need to get cleaning (or go packing if I don't) or I'm not out biking or at some social event. Worst case scenario: the rest gets put off. By the way, I plan on putting this into multiple books to chronicle the character's milestones in his career. When I say milestones, I mean when he gets a new car. You gotta remember that the likelihood of the same stuff happening with a different car is nil, since it has (most likely) different stats.One things is for sure though, and that's that the first car scenario will be 100+ HP, so he's not getting one of those weak crappy cars like a MINI or a Honda Beat or (especially not) a Daihatsu! Trust me, no one I can think of wants to drive a car that has below 100 horsepower unless it's a collector or it's a junker.

Yet another update! I have posted what I have of the car list now, will post again once complete. Available for download via http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=189245
Enjoy!
© Copyright 2007 TonySheloubRocks (brianh1988 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1295829-Street-Racer-A-choose-your-way-book