*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1296705-JKRowlings-Rags-To-riches-Tale
by dollar
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1296705
How often does author, J.K.Rowling pinch herself.
I wonder how many times a day,the world renowned author, J.K.Rowling pinches herself to make sure she's not in a dream.
I've heard of many inspiring rags to riches stories but Rowlings must be up there with the best of them.
Just announced the other day, her latest offering of the mind-bendingly popular 'Harry Potter' series sold a whopping 15 million copies worldwide in one day.
It goes without saying that no other book, apart from the 'Holy Bible', in the history of the written word can come close to it's success.
Even then I doubt The Bible has never caused as much pandemonium at all the bookshops as has a fictional tale of a boy wizard.
I shake my head in disbelief each time I think about J.K.s personal struggle as a single mother penning her first novel in an Edinburgh cafe, because her own home was too cold for her baby daughter.
That's the crazy thing with life; one minute you can have next to nothing, the next you can have more than you dreamed.
Take a lottery winner, or some ingenous person who woke up one morning with an idea which made millions.
I suppose J.K. and these kinds of people who had literally no fortune are quite similiar in that overnight their world reached the realms of fiction.
It's actually quite appropriate that J.K writes fiction because her life is just that.
Although J.K,is different to Lottery Winners,Inventors, and anyone who went from modest to millionaire in an almost instant.
Pardon me for bringing up the finer points but J.K has went from a pauper with a pen to the tenth richest woman in Britain, with a rising fortune of a billion dollars.
This amount makes a lottery win seem like a weeks pay at McDonalds.
How unbelievable would it be to go from an empty purse, a crying baby and only an idea for a book to the literary loving world going nuts for your material?
As I Said, I wonder how many times her mind drifts away to those cold, harsh, cash-stapped days knowing what she has now.
And knowing that her books are disappearing faster than her publisher can print them.
The life, eh?
© Copyright 2007 dollar (ketch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1296705-JKRowlings-Rags-To-riches-Tale