*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297044-Divinity--Legend-PG25
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1297044
Science Fiction - A story of conflict between religion and differences
FINDING HER PEOPLE

Isabelle - I still don’t understand - You KNEW my father. What happen to HIM?

[Hales becomes reserved- now attempting to appear preoccupied with cleaning & associated chores]

Hales - Perhaps another time would be better.
Isabelle - (Scoffing) What?
Hales - [Quietly spoken with reflecting) I look at you now... ignorant of what you are; ignorance which maybe has lead to shame. It is not my intention to have you exchange hatred for one people for another.
Isabelle - What is your concern in how I judge this people? I ask for the one thing that you can give me - the truth.
Hales - Truth...huh, Truth is perception Isabelle. And it may not be to our interest to see you destroy your connection to this world. So I ask you what truth is it that you want?
Isabelle - Truth that I have waited all my life to hear... please! Don’t deny this of me now.

Hales - (Exhaling deeply) Your father, many others, and I came to this world seeking an alternative fate for our people. Our world which was once our salvation is dying, Isabelle. (Pausing and reflecting) We were told to stay away from the other kind and though we tried our best, many of our scouts began to disappear... when they were found it seemed that murder had been the most humane act performed upon their mangled bodies. Soon after many of us returned back to our world fearful of what these people would do but I stayed.
Isabelle - And my Father?
Hales - Yes... he was desperate to find territory where we would not be found.
Isabelle - How did my Father die!
Hales - We had managed for some time to avoid being discovered. And then one day came when your Father came across a group of men dragging a women into the forest. He knew better not to interfere but his conviction out weighted his apprehension. He managed to fight off these men but was left with severe wounds. The women instead of fleeing out of fear was the first of her kind to reach out to him... your mother, Isabelle. She stayed in isolation with him for some time, nursing his wounds and in the process they feel in love. (Pausing) Weeks before his death he came to me and announced that Sara was pregnant; he was terrified of what would happen to a child of his born in this world and so that night we made plans to bring Sara with us.
But the labor did not come when he expected and your Father must of went to find her. (Reflecting pause) Your Father managed to find his way back here, injured by wounds that ensured be would not survive; before be died he told me that you were born and made be promise not to leave this world until I found you. So the last seventeen years of my life I have stayed here out of a promise I made to a dying friend.
© Copyright 2007 Santiago (santiago1978 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297044-Divinity--Legend-PG25