*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298574-This-cant-be-me
Rated: · Other · Other · #1298574
just a brief moment in the life of me.
When did I become this non me human being? My entire life I was the smart one, the one that always did the right thing, the one that was never late to anything, as a matter of fact, always early, never really drank, never did drugs, always held my tongue, always abided by the rules and never broke them. Ha, ha, ha, this is so funny, I am now the one that does the opposite of everything I once was. Gone is that sweat girl and here is a worldly woman. A woman that is confident, self sufficient, a mother of two, and a hard worker. But as hard as I work, I tend to play as hard. I find mysel dealing with demons on a constant basis. Wake up and smell the demon, go to sleep, deal with a different demon. Perhaps this comes with the territory of managing a bar or perhaps it has to do with being hot and finally realizing that there is more to life then being a good little girl. Every day a new surprise. Last night was the shock of my life and quite frankly I am thinking that it sent me straight into another new me. Imagine after being with one man for a year and him telling you, no, scratch that, screaming to you on the top of his lungs, and I quote, "We are not a couple, mind your own business." Say no more to me, I was shocked and horrified once those words were uttered. They can never be taken back and all the monsters in the world can not make the pain of that moment ever go away. Instead, I will pick myself up, hold my head up high and add that to another lesson learned. School is never out and is always in sesson and each day there is lesson after lesson, it is us who needs to either learn them so that history does not repeat itself, or continue making the same mistakes. I chose to learn and move the hell on rather then ever feel like a non-worthy piece of crap. Imagine the nerve of that a**hole to say that to me? Never again.

Till the next time, me....
© Copyright 2007 Lovetowrite! (christinag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1298574-This-cant-be-me