*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299107-Close-Encounter-at-New-Mexico-Diner
Rated: · Fiction · Satire · #1299107
Article about a mysterious fried food item served at Lobo Loco diner in New Mexico.
Yeso, New Mexico

A customer at Lobo Loco’s diner had a close encounter of  the third kind when the food he ordered arrived at his table. Along with the Santa Fe Potatoes and New Mexican Squash, there was a strange fried creature on his plate. Wayne Johnson, a lifelong resident of the area, said, “In all the years I’ve been coming down here, I have never had the likes of this!. I don’t know what to make of it.” When asked, Maria Ybarra, the owner of Lobo Loco, said, “I received this stuff along with my regular order for the week. The prep cook checked everything in and put it away, so I didn’t know about anything unusual until Wayne brought it to my attention.”
A close examination of the mysterious fried food revealed no conclusive evidence. A DNA sample was taken, but had to be shipped out of state for examination; it could be several weeks before the results are known. Michael Stroud, a scientist at the Los Alamos Laboratory, caught wind of this and contacted the Department of Defense. A call to the Los Alamos Laboratory was answered by a spokesperson who refused to give her name or put Stroud on the line. When asked about Stroud reporting it to the DOD, she said that she could neither confirm nor deny that he had called anyone concerning the food in question.
Locals here in Yeso reacted to the DOD’s refusal to answer any questions as evidence of yet another cover-up. One long-time resident, Ophelia Mendez, said that, “This is just like back in the 70s when that UFO crashed out near Roswell. They covered that up, too, but the aliens recovered from the wreckage are still hidden in one of the hangars at the military base near there….I know they are because my ex-husband was stationed there the day that spaceship crashed. I remember it like yesterday…”
For thirty years, there has been an ongoing controversy about the alleged presence of extraterrestrial beings stored in drums at Holloman Air Force Base near Alamagordo. To date, there are no reliable means of verifying this claim or refuting it.
Regardless of all that, Maria Ybarra is happy. “This has brought a lot of attention to my little spot here in the desert. People are coming from all over now, just to check the place out. Since this whole thing came out, my business has doubled!” In honor of her good fortune, Maria has added a new item to her menu--she calls it the “Unidentified Frying Object”, or “UFO” for short.Some say it tastes like chicken.




NOTE: All people and events in this article are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual people is purely coincidental and probably undesirable...for them, anyway.
© Copyright 2007 Chiron66 (chiron66 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299107-Close-Encounter-at-New-Mexico-Diner